• Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 15,108
The Latest Tariff Plans from WishNet Broadband w.e.f 1st June, 2014

Note :
Max Contention Ratio for Home Users -- 1:20
Price is final and including 12.36% service tax

Value added Services :
btcache with local Peering on torrents
Video Caching from youtube and other popular sites.
Web Caching from popular sites (official sites of all softwares,Apps from Play Store,Antivirus updates,windows updates,steam games and updates,songs & videos from popular sites like songs.pk,Djmaza,songslover.pk etc are fully cached.
Game Servers

Official website : http://www.wishnet.in/
Official Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/WishnetOfficial/

Plan - Wish Power Super
Monthly - Rs.1235 including all tax
Plan Details - 1.5mbps Day (9.01 AM- 12.59 AM),8mbps Night (1 AM-9 AM), btcache peering,webcache and youtube cache bandwidth 35mbps (24x7)

Pros :-

1. Torrent Download and Direct Download Speed is as promised (1.5mbps Daytime = 190+ kB/s File transfer speed & 8mbps Nighttime = 1mB/s File Transfer Speed)
2.btcache peering,webcache and youtube cache bandwidth is exactly 35mbps 24*7 (around 4.37 mB/s File Transfer Speed)
3.Unlimited Speed from local peers on torrents (maximum Upto 10-11 mB/s File Transfer Speed)
4.Stable and low ping,idle for online gaming.

Cons :-
1. Session timeout automatically after 24hrs.

In Depth Review

This is an ideal plan for Heavy, Mass Downloaders like me ideally for downloading Bluray & HD Content, Huge Games, Full HD Music Videos etc. I had been using this plan for quite sometime now and am fully satisfied with all the aspects of this brilliant package provided by Wishnet.

Download only from internet (without peering or any caching)

My daily download is 27 Gb at nighttime @ 8mbps for 8 hrs from 1-9 AM, around 8 GB at daytime @ 1.5mbps for the remaining 16 hrs, Total 35 GB/day and around 1050 GB/month.

Downloading from btcache peering and webcache.
I dont download much from caching.But for the ones who does,it will be somewhat like this 35mbps on webcache and torrents.If there are local peers available,which in general is available on recent torrents then you will shoot to 90-100mbps

So how much will a person download just from peering and caching ?? 60-70 GB/day around 2 TB/month only from caching servers lol 😛layful:
I need to buy at least a dozen 3 TB HDDs lol for all the storage apart from the others I already have.Looks like this plan will make me broke 🙁

Performance,Speedtest,Pingtest,QoS (Quality Of Service) In depth Review for the above plan.

Day Speed

Night Speed From Various Cities

Ping test

Tracert to google.com

Ping test from ISPs DNS Server

Speed from btcache only

Speed from btcache + local peers

Speed from local peers only

webcache speed

Night Speed from 1am to 9am

Day Speed

Having some issue with IDM,wont be able to post youtube caching at the moment.

Battle for Glory : Alliance Broadband vs WishNet Broadband

Kolkatas two most popular and trusted ISPs where do they stand ? I have compared a similar plan from alliance broadband,lets take a look.

For Rs.55 more wishnet gives extra 2mbps night bandwidth compared to alliance. Extra 2mbps for Rs.55 you got to be loving it 😛leasantry:
Alliance has capped the LAN speed and local peer speed too according your your peering bandwidth,which kinda sux for those who love the LAN speed.Specially the ones who share files via LAN through FTP,HFS,DC++ etc

There is no webcache and video cache too in Alliance as far as i know.Even if its there its very limited and only few people are getting it the last time i checked.Well even if they give webcache and videocache still that extra 2mbps night bandwidth is a win over all for wishnet.

Does this mean Alliance is bad ?? Hell no! Like i said These are the only 2 ISPs in the city that are stable and trusted.They go head to head providing good QOS(quality of service)

Heh....People in Delhi/NCR are the only one cursed to be snailing on 512kbps/1mbps for nearly the same amount of bucks ~1000-1500rs :anger3:
Even the Local ISPs are complete douchebag who doesn't even know what peering/caching is :question:

wishnet does not have a dynamic ip which sucks while downloading good stuffs from popular filesharing sites like rapidgator, fileflash etc
they have sticky dynamic ip which changes after 1-2days.