Problem with tata fiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldudsubho

ISP
Tata DOCOMO FTTH
So 2 days back i changed my connection from ADSL to FIBER.My pings fell from 107 to sg server to 77.Everything is fine but i am getting this weird issue with fiber.During peak hours starting 12noon upto 7pm night i get this random packet loss spikes.I use team speak 3 a lot.And during these spikes my packet loss goes to 50 percent.It again comes down after 1min.When i used ADSL, i used to get packlet loss as well during peak hours but it never used to spike to 50 percent.
At night after 8pm everything is fine.No packetloss anywhere and stable 78 ping.What the reason of such spikes during noon time.ADSL never had such nasty spikes.I thought fiber will give me zero packetloss.WTF is this?
And this tata guys didn't provide me with a FTTH modem.And i can't find any FTTH modem in the market.Also the think fiber line which came from the balcony,they made a huge loop of it in my house.I heard fiber optics should always be straight.When i asked the engineer he said new fiber cables can withstand loops just fine.Is that correct?
But my main issue is spiking packet loss during noon time.Is there any way to fix it?At night everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.