Nextra Fiber Broadband In Delhi Has Pathetic Service

• Thread starter Thread starter Kaps Chan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 12,144
ISP
Nextra
Nextra Fiber Broadband In Delhi provides pathetic services.
I have been using Nextra for the past month and it is a nightmare. The service quality is pathetic and outages happen every next day for a few hours.
Fiber gets cut sometimes, sometimes issue is at the back end server, which they are always trying to solve, sometimes giving downtime for over 12 hours.
Customer care does pick up calls and registers complaints, back end team calls up and then gives excuses as they simply do not know what's going on.
Only solution they ever seem to have is to refresh the connection if you get slow speeds, which drops from 8-9 Mbps ( using 10 Mbps connection currently ) to 1-2 Mbps at times and worse at times to 0.20 Mbps.
I am adding the complete experience from a reply to an existing post about Nextra that I read previously in this forum.

Experience using Nextra in Delhi from Installation to Usage for over 1 month now is as follows...
"
I took their connection in Shakarpur, East Delhi around 14 May, felt good after reading this review here, but it is surely misleading about the company as I found out with experience.
The installation went fine, I run my own website on their connection so got 10 Mbps - 175 GB plan, for the first 10 days, some web server of theirs started to inject IFrame Fixed Pop Up Ads on my website, that was basically an attack that made my website unusable,

Nextra's backend team kept telling me that it was not happening through their server, but after digging deep into the Ad Script using Chrome, I was able to get the Ad Url, it clearly had a Nextra IP, as I cross checked it on the internet. "They said they had removed their company ads that appear sometimes as mentioned in the review" - Clearly I was not referring to their company ads.

After 10 days, and threatening them with Cyber Crime FIR and the like, and then asking for closing connection, some fellow called up and after I gave him proof, blocked that particular Nextra IP that was doing the script injection.

Nightmare ended, so I though of giving them another try.

Then connection ran fine for around 10 days.

After that connection went down (huge pingtimes and barely 0.5 Mbps speeds) for 2 days, due to the weather disturbance in Delhi, I thought it is possible due to such a happening.

Since then, every day or two, there are connection drops, speed drops to 2-3 Mbps and then I have to complain to Customer Care, the backend team does respond, but I think they follow the concept of "restart" the connection to resolve issues.

Since last three days, the disconnections are frequent, every few hours, speed becomes dismal at times 0.20 Mbps, almost unusable to browse, forget running a website.

The backend team seems to be a bunch of low time technicians who have no idea what is going on. Never give any fair reason, at times they have said "wait till tomorrow, it will surely get resolved", always some work seems to be going on the line or something.

It is a pathetic company with no work ethics and standards.

PS: I have no link to Airtel, any company that is not able to give upload speeds should be banned and their license taken away, that is my thinking about airtel, but at least browsing works using their connection.

Kindly Stay Away From Nextra Is My Suggestion.

I am sticking for another month with this connection due to no other option.

Will update if things improve.
"
They are worse then the colony cable operators around, so people can judge their standard themselves.

Finally, I have asked to close the connection, the service remains patchy, unreliable, the IFrame attack had resumed on my website, although this time I did not see any Ads, also had improved security through my web server.

Will be moving server to a FION based connection, that is true Fiber to Home. Did a speed test demo through their ISP in a locality, was giving good ping and speeds on Airtel server.

I must add, I am not connected with FION, in any way, and not sure what it has in store for the internet connection I will be taking from them in terms of stability and speed.

Strange part about Nextra is that they have no technical person, who visits in case you are having too many complaints about the internet connection.

Clearly shows that they know that the technology that they are using is outdated, and they are simply bundling up too many connections while they have a weak system in place built over Co-Ax Cable.

Anyways, from what is evident about their server team, they seem incapable of doing anything worthwhile. Any one can forward a port through a router, that is all they were able to do in 2 months period.

About the ad malware, I would say that CEO of such companies should rather go home to home with a begging bowl and people will happily provide charity.

i want to know about the speed of nextra after FUP limit.
like they r providing fiber so speed after FUP is given as 512kbps symmetric , so what will be the actual download speed 512 kbps or 60-70 approx.

Beware Nextra they are cheater even they have took my money for Sarita Vihar connection till then no connection no money refund - Go and post on their Facebook page for fraud so that people can save the air valuable money and time on wasting such looter fake compony .

I earlier used MTNL. It had 2-3 problems monthly with the link light going down and everything.
I switched to Nextra and connection speed was just as promised but it has more problems. The CAB light going down after every week and it takes 24 hours to get it fixed. I gave up on Nextra now.
There's a new ISP DEN BoomBand now. Gonna give it a try.