Is the any way for increasing download speed

Only possible way is to change your broadband plan .

Nirmal Sadasivan said:
Is the any probable way for increasing my download speed. Currently it is just 60kb/s 🙁

Care to mention your plan ? BSNL has no ADSL plan with 60 Kbps download speed. The minimum speed is 512 Kbps.

Yeah, I guess he is talking KBps and not kbps

Bro India fails when it comes to download bandwidth. while the upload bandwidth is fair enough
We need Fibre in Order to get Good Speeds at low cost. i have seen someone from bulgaria getting 300mbps unlimited for 8 dollors home internet. India is way backward when it comes to download speed.
On ULD800 i get 61KB/s down and 63KB/s UP
So inof shouting bsnl should increase speed we should shout to the government to lay down fibre

Bsnl already has fibre in some cities with ridiculously high cost , I am surprised goa dosent have bsnl fibre . What we need is new players in broadband who will have tariff and speeds like or better than beam for all parts of india . We dont even have in a day delivery from flipkart or Amazon for all parts of india , I have my doubts if something like what i said concerning broadband will happen even after a couple of decades .

I would be happy to switch to our cable serve provider who has plans to launch internet by the end of this year. But considering cable is down once in a while, not sure whether I should do that.

ADSL is not the reason for sure since the infrastructure is already there for more than 15 years and its heavy under utilized. International Bandwidth - I don't think so when Beam Fibre can offer much better plan being 5% of the size of Bsnl there is no reason why BSNL is not getting much cheaper bandwidth from their upstream provider VSNL(Tata). But who knows what is happening behind those tender thingys and how much they are coughing up.
One reason I feel is huge the huge yearly loss, who would like to through dirt cheap 1-2-4 mbps plan when they can milk people for more bucks. The fat salaries of their lazy babus is digging hole while they hardly ever have something called work. Lack of competition is another reason.
Another possible reason could be their already overloaded getaways and core/edge routers in their national backbone network which were currently running on 10/40G to. There was news that they were looking to upgrade their routers to 100G in 2013 not sure if its done or not. Who knows what is going on in BSNL

Anybody have any new that bsnl will upgrade the speed?
They already upgraded 256kbps to 512kbps at no extra charges. why not increase the 512kbps to 768kbps with no cost?
As if the people who use 512kbps are rich while the 256kbps people are poor.