Huawei E8221 Data Card - Not able to find the network

• Thread starter Thread starter kksahoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 23,214
Guys,
I bought Huawei Power-Fi E8221 Data Card from Snapdeal on 24th May 2014.
I used aircel sim in this datacard for 3g internet.
I found strange behaviour of this card. When I used aircel sim card in this datacrad, it showed a message as below
"No service
Not able to find the network. Please retry later or search for networks from the network settings page."
Then I removed the sim from the datacard and insert into my mobile and then remove from mobile and insert into datacard again.
It worked as expected.
But I have to do the above step every time when I power off my datacard.
Any solution for this or other users are also facing the same issues.
Is it a known issue???

Thanks all in Advance..
Kamal

are you using mobile partner
if yes, what version ????

Hi ghpk,
I was not using mobile partner before for connection.
I downloaded mobile partner after your question and installed. But it shows "Device Not Found".
The version is 23.009.09.02.910.
Thanks in advance.
Kamal

Device not found means, driver problem for sure.
if it was sim problem device would be available but fail to connect to fail to show available network signal etc.
what is the OS on Laptop ???
Please re-install the USB Device using the drivers which came with this modem.
insert the Device and it should start showing a CD drive and right click to open it, and then make sure you run
it as "administrator" which is a option when you right click on setup/setup.exe
Then make sure the Mobile Partner is version as below.
the one here http://dl.huaweinews.com/USB-Modem/mobile-partner-23.009.09.02.910.zip

hai kksaoo I also have the problem that in Huawei WIFI E8231 Data Card
No service
Not able to find the network. Please retry later or search for networks from the network settings page
Did you find any solution for that problem reply me....

I have the same problem too,
"No service
Not able to find the network. Please retry later or search for networks from the network settings page

Please help me fix it

I've Reinstalled the setup but nothing fixed

Don't worry guys , Just manually select the network and it will work ! Maybe your datacard is trying to register you in some other network which is why you are getting No service thing. If you already set your datacard to manually select network then change it to automatic. Second thing is if you aren't able to connect to Internet but you datacard is latching signal then manually input your network APN .