How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,734,222
We got one Bill Post connections and there the billing was normal though they harged for conversion from DIAS to DATAONE.

Originally posted by Hulo@May 8 2005, 09:29 AM
I'm quite apprehensive of that after downloading 20GB. I haven't got any bills yet. They didn't include dataone charges in my current bill. Have u or anyone else got bills? Are they including Service Tax over and above the monthly charges or is the service tax included within the monthly charge? Also, anyone who has exceeded 1 GB limit - have u been charged extra or only the usual monthly charge?  🤔
[snapback]9001[/snapback]
[/quote]

no one is not charged for data transfers in excess of 1gb. on a fast ftp it is easy to d/load more than 1.6gb per day 😀

Originally posted by Hulo@May 2 2005, 08:19 PM
Usage details are available at http://10.240.43.216 . However, they r not yet showing/recording the data transfer details and hopefully they r not monitoring it. However, u can use utilities like NetMeter or DU Meter to monitor ur data transfers. BSNL said that data transfer is unlimited till 30th June for those who subscribed before 31st March. Even for those who have subscribed after 31st March, it is reported that BSNL is not monitoring data transfer limits. I think u should clarify this point from ur local broadband control room or frm the BSNL engineers at the xchange.
[snapback]8727[/snapback]
[/quote]

and why the excessive love for `ie'? i tried to access this site through `firefox' and it did not open... heh :huh:

One has to optimize a website to work with a particular browser. Therefore, it is not the browser to blame, but the creator of the site which fails to open in multiple browsers, huh !And pupudada, I hope most of the old members here are geekier than a newbie member like u !!

Originally posted by agnivo007@May 16 2005, 06:24 PM
One has to optimize a website to work with a particular browser. Therefore, it is not the browser to blame, but the creator of the site which fails to open in multiple browsers, huh !
And pupudada, I hope most of the old members here are geekier than a newbie member like u !!
[snapback]9448[/snapback]
[/quote]

sigh agnivo, i do not wish to `flame' back at you... i am not a geek but a casual enquiry with the developers of the browser of the browser `opera' will you tell more about me... i did the hindi transliteration for the same way back when their 2nd version was released (yep... in dhtml).. it might be have a fluke, but then was oferred quite some serious beta-testing work for `gmail'. The main developer of the official `Emule' John[io] and their lead coder Kry might also tell you something about me (oh did i tell that i am a senior op in one of their english forums and a sop (superb op) i quite some other forums too 😉 if you had cared to study my reply you would have noticed that i meant to say about the poor coding of `bsnl's' website and for that one need not be a geek... just have a good knowledge of the `queen's english'... have a nice day mate and meet you someday on the e-e english forum... 🙂~

You took it the wrong way, man. It's indeed the BSNL website author who is at fault. And by the last sentence, I meant that the other old friends at this forum didn't take up the point which you did. Anyway, what's your forum ? And are you from kolkata, my HomeTown ?

no probs man (here's the smoke pipe, let's both smoke it)... yeah, the developer of the bsnl website did a crappy job... there are programs which check a finished x/d/s/html code for cross-browser compatibility... guess they never heard of it 🙂. you can can currently catch me on `emule-english' (irc) which is currently hosted in the MindForge network. if i am not there, just tell any op there to notice me as i might be on some other forums too... yes i am from kolkata too... love...

btw my nick in emule-english is pupudada too

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I wonder whether the BSNL people know their own designations ! Checking a website for cross-browser compatibility is too much to expect from them !!

TBSNL webpage has a facility to check the usage records for each an every month, Is there a way to export all the data's to excel or is ther any link that we can download as csv format???

http://10.240.43.216

It will usaful to calculate the bandwidth usage.🙂

Yes. same prob. here .....calculating the totals from dataone we page is very frustating ...

I found the simple trick for calculation. Select the records page and copy the page 1. Now open excel sheet and paste it . After copying all the pages you should be able to find the total usage by using the excel formule.Thx

the problem with dataflow entry is each value will have extra space in it. so you have to delete the extra space and then calculate the amount of dataflow in excel

As off now they expect us to copy and paste the data in Excell and then add it all up.No other way out.Lets wait for them to act more sensible.