How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,734,171
Thanks for pointing me to that thread.I don't use the dataone email ... GMail has got terrific POP features ...Anyways ... some sense does need to be pushed into these people ...I was wondering ... that maybe ... we could still push our luck and download some more ...But now, with that letter, and 2 bucks an MB ( which is next to daylight robbery ), I better not try any antics ...And the worst thing is, in the exuberance of finally getting broadband 3 months ago, I actually payed up for the entire year ... 🤔 I had my share of fun with the unlimited stuff, but I guess this is it ... hmmm ...- Saurabh

Originally posted by saurabhj@Jul 4 2005, 12:35 AM

But now, with that letter, and 2 bucks an MB ( which is next to daylight robbery ), I better not try any antics ...

[snapback]14782[/snapback]
[/quote]

what do u say about 200 megs a day download limit. 1 meg extra means no net for 1 full day? this with 10-12 KBps.

That means it better to pay 2/Mb rather than being cut off for one full day as done is SIFY.

with rules which are not even clearly stated anywhere on their websites. with rules which even their customer support is often confused with.with rules which you can never trust are ever followed. duh duh duh. 🙂

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Jul 4 2005, 12:44 AM
That means it better to pay 2/Mb rather than being cut off for one full day as done is SIFY.
[snapback]14797[/snapback]
[/quote]

I dint know sify cuts u off this way. This is stinking.

Oh ... I did not know that about Sify ...Anyways, I think Sify is just starting Pune now anyways ...A friend of mine has Dishnet DSL ... he pays 1000 bucks a month for a 512 kbps / 50 hour package and an extra hour costs him about 25 to 30 bucks an hour ... which sounds pretty fair to me ...He can download about 150 Megs easily in an hour ... so if you do the calculations, an MB there, costs about 20 p ...But again the logistics of time vs bandwidth come into the picture ... but I'd prefer that plan better ...BSNL should come out with a time based scheme ...So, incase you want to do any research, you can use dialup & broadband to download stuff ...50hrs at 512 kbps = approx 87 GB !!! i.e 1 paisa per MB ... as compared to BSNL's 50 paise per MB ( the Home 500 plan )

Originally posted by BSNL_CMD@Jul 3 2005, 06:52 PM
As off now they expect us to copy and paste the data in Excell and then add it all up.
No other way out.
Lets wait for them to act more sensible.
[snapback]14758[/snapback]
[/quote]
May be they don't want you to find out your traffic. May be they want to catch you on your wrong foot. Who knows what they want... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hey guys use Net meter to keep track of ur uploads and downloads.. its a free small software which keeps track of daily, weekly and monthly downloads and uploads ... so go ahead and download it...

I am using DU Meter ... (http://www.dumeter.com/download.php)

It is an amazing utility ... but that is beyond the point ...

What is really annoying that even after BSNL went into 'charging' mode, they have not implemented the Net Usage statistics ...

This was okay as long as they had unlimited downloads, but I feel they have no right to charge the users unless they allow us to be able to check our usage statistics ...

Otherwise, this is nothing but as I said before ... daylight robbery ...

It is shameful that such a big nationwide organisation has such pathetic infrastructure ...

Also, does anyone know any email address that I can fire a complaint too ?
I'll remember to CC it to all the Computer magazines and Business and India Today, etc ...

Originally posted by BSNL_CMD@Jul 7 2005, 12:38 AM
Go to http://10.240.43.216 or http://10.240.128.195.

Check ur usage at this site if u wish to before u shoot letters to BSNL.
[snapback]15150[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am aware of this ...
What I am saying is that they do not have any method to check the 'total' usage amount for the month ...

I logged in, and if I have to calculate my net usage for the 6 days of this month, I have to add stats MANUALLY from 5 pages of usage stats generated ...

How is this feasable to anyone ?

Thats why I am so mad ...

- Saurabh