Mtnl 2 Mbps, Some Points To Remember

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,235
Airtel Buddie, you have to take up into account at least they've got some upgrade. 2mbps is still asking for a lot, we Airtel subscribers are rotting away in need of a 512kbps unlm plan. Even if they get 512 when promised 2mbps - Its just as good as any.

Hope you Airtel Employees are reading this, 'cause some of us are growing sick of the way Airtel is milking us now. That can be seen in this board a lot, and here

And by justifying Airtel and trying to bring down public players like MTNL/BSNL that have at least upgraded their speeds somewhat, all you've managed to do is point out how desperate Airtel is and how far it can go.

Hey Airtel buddy....I M on 2 Mbps Night Unlimited...Every night i get Constant 213 kBps Download speed frm (Http, ftp)Thats right and its dead constant stuck at 213 kBps.and i asked guy in mtnl and he says no contention ratios exist as of now....I think contention ratios wil only exist when they start providin unlimited data transfer

QUOTE(sanke1 @ Feb 7 2007, 07:20 AM) [snapback]78904[/snapback]
Hey Airtel buddy....

I M on 2 Mbps Night Unlimited...

Every night i get Constant 213 kBps Download speed frm (Http, ftp)
Thats right and its dead constant stuck at 213 kBps.

and i asked guy in mtnl and he says no contention ratios exist as of now....
I think contention ratios wil only exist when they start providin unlimited data transfer[/b]

Might be possible that they providing it without any contention ratio in capped plans...

In the first post, i have already mentioned it "As far as i have studied".. i also can be wrong... its not like that i intend to do any harm to MTNLs image.... if Airtel also launch such plan with anything hidden behind it which will affect the users on a wrong side... i'll definitely post the details here...

its not like that i was an airtel employee thats why i'm against MTNL/RELIANCE/TATA/BSNL.... i'm against all service providers who do not provide the full details to customers.

Hehe then we won't be without any broadband connection 😛They all hide sumthing or the other

QUOTE(sanke1 @ Feb 7 2007, 07:20 AM) [snapback]78904[/snapback]
and i asked guy in mtnl and he says no contention ratios exist as of now....[/b]

And who is this Guy!! Is he the one responsible for ur extra ordianry speeds 😉

airtel buddie, your post was full of crap. BTW that guy was right 1KB = 8Kb. There are a lot of terms in communications / computing. Check out KiB, KB, Kb, kb, kB... hehe...BTW MTNL charges for a 256Kbps and provides a 2Mbps connection which always gives a 1Mbps+ thoroughput. Not bad for a 256Kbps connection, right? Good value for money. As far as Airtel is concerned, they rip off users. They provide 150-180Kbps speeds on a 256Kbps connection which is day light robbery.And the moment MTNL/BSNL come out with unlimited 256Kbps+ plans, Airtel BB is going bankrupt. Bet on it buddy 😉

lets see if they DO provide that.. tbh.. i guess using airtel makes sense only in case of unlimited plans.. otherwise.. i don see why ya'll should pay so much for 1/8th the speeds n 1/2.5 times the data transfer limit.. oh yeah.. n even the 2-8 unlimited! that.. for me.. is like the icing on the cake..