Software or website used by Telecom operator to check user history?

• Thread starter Thread starter ravinder07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,761
ISP
vodafone
Hi, I always wonder what kind of software or website used by our operator to check our number history, weather a particular number have any net pack or not, how much balance that particular number have, where he did last call etc etc.........how they access their database, what kind of software or website they use.........if there is someone who has/had worked in call center please tell me how operator check details for a particular number.
Operator Example - Vodafone, Airtel, Docomo etc...

I presume every operator has their own software specially designed for them.

May be they use online database and website to see mobile number history and not a software......how they able to refund our balance, activate internet packs, give us special offers etc

Worked for international operator for brief time during my college day for some quick pocket money.

They use online/web portal which is connected to webapps providing interface to the online database strictly accessible only from restricted intranet ips, no external access. Yup no desktop software is used. The web apps are like browser based site which are customized as per the operators offerings where a simple search from mobile number and other details. There are detailed tabbed summary with multiple information like packs/balance/address/call details. The options are quite detailed and requires multiple tab/windows for different requirements.

Some of these systems are Citrix workstation, Carex for billing and address, live person software for chat, kana for customers email/call notes tagging and hell yeah n number of stuff.

IBM has some very specific telecom solutions (softwares) and Airtel is one of IBM's client. Ofcourse these are all proprietary tools which will most often not even be listed on their (IBM's) websites!

Thank You guys for this information.....
rj27 : I want to know that were you have access to change a sim number details, Fund or deduct balance, Activate or Deactivate Internet packs, Remove Data cap limit and other access. When you used to work as operator...

Activation or Deactivation of Internet/VAS packs was just one simple click, data cap could not be amended as the packs are preconfigured in the system as per existing offers (may be different for operator here like MTNL who credit X no of GBs in their unlimited packs). Fund or deduct balance was possible if a pack was intentionally activated not otherwise but a history is always created whether it was system generated order or Operator generated. Access to change a sim number details and other sensitive stuff like number reactivation in case of sim lost etc are required to be authorized by supervisors once a workorder is placed in the system. Every mobile operator has a different operation flow though.

rj27 :
That's a great information for me.........I live in hisar(Haryana) and i am a blogger and cs student for my work requirement. I need at least 300KB/sec internet speed unlimited data. I have only 3 option bsnl evdo, vodafone 3g and idea 3g.......right now i am using bsnl evdo. Here at my place the speed is below 500kb/sec most of time and i am unable to open website quickly and watching videos is really pain and using VPS is just a big pain. Before it i use vodafone 3g, Speed was just ok 300KB/sec but that cost me 1500rs only for 10GB data...

if you're trying to do what i think you're trying to do then i'll suggest please stop right now.you are gonna end up in a lot of trouble if you dont.

everything and every change in the system either done by CC guy or someone else is logged and can be used later on if ISP guys feel something is not right.

@newuser990 you can add a goodbye message to him if you want, cos he has just been banned.

I highly doubt that there would be any unlimted pack options even in vodafone systems especially one that works on 3G. Much earlier BSNL 2G packs used to work on 3G networks that was because of poor authentication system in core network of BSNL. Vodafone's 3G network deployment and core/backend network is handled by NSN (Nokia Siemens Network) which has much better system in place. It's something hardly possible in today's date.

newuser990 said:
if you're trying to do what i think you're trying to do then i'll suggest please stop right now.you are gonna end up in a lot of trouble if you dont.

everything and every change in the system either done by CC guy or someone else is logged and can be used later on if ISP guys feel something is not right.
Yup firstly there wont be any option and secondly no CC/Supervisor would perform such action becoz the systems today are auto reporting capable and users who download excessively by some tricks and all gets highlighted in the reports of the technical network team and the same glitch is fixed or the connection terminated.
I am remember an incident from earlier when Idea was just launching 3G network here in Haryana and they had a 2G unlimted pack for 95 rs. I activated the pack and latched on the 3G network and downloaded some 7-8 GBs in a day and on the second day itself the network speed was capped on 2G (128 kbps) automatically by the system.

mhsabir said:
@newuser990 you can add a goodbye message to him if you want, cos he has just been banned.
Yeah, If what the OP wanted was possible then all the CC must be enjoying Unlimited 3G connection.

rj27 said:
Worked for international operator for brief time during my college day for some quick pocket money.
Hey rj27 since you had worked as an operator so can you answer my thread about BSNL EVDO speed. There are lots of user seeking for increasing BSNL EVDO speed and want to know who can increase it or decrease it.
Thread Link : https://broadband.forum/topic/80581-is-there-benefit-to-complained-about-bsnl-evdo-low-speed/
Please response i have spent hard time to find an operator in this forum.

They use the software specially designed for their work. You can go and check a similar software they use may use for that purpose in

www.blueoss.com. This software is for service providers including telecom billing.

Last edited: