Any one using Rconnect

• Thread starter Thread starter farooq1789
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,533
Status
Not open for further replies.

farooq1789

If Anyone using the reliance R connect internet connectionplease tell abt the 144kbs conn speedwill we get 144kbs all time or some timeswht is the downloading speed of it 15kbs abovewill the connection stay online all the time?tank U

Yeah i use RConnect.What i have found is that I normally get speed of 2-8 KBPS. There is a plan for 1500 Rs/monthly unlimited download upload. so if u want to be connected all the time you will need a serial+usb cable (both in 1 cable) and you can stay online all the time.You can use RConnect for normal mail checking and surfing.Overall my experience with RConnect is bad but since there is no broadband connection provider so i have to bear with it..

Shun RConnect at all costs ! Save ur phone and battery life. Trust me.

Hi,I am using Rconnect for over two months now and have seen similar service.........5-15 KBps normal download speeds. Interestingly, when I took the connect I was told by the saleslady that I will get a speed of around 30KBps+ I am a long user of calcutta Telephones' DIAS service and now the dataone broadband service...........and is used to good speeds, so this was not something very exciting for me.............but rather something usual. However I was in for a shock on the very first day when I tried to downloaded firefox. It took me quite a while for completing the download. Quite a start for Rconnect.Although the speed is not lightning and leaves a lot to ask, I must say that I did not have to face a singly day with connectivity problem. Not a single day in more than two months! So anybody wishing to make a change over from normal dial-up and don't have an apetite for huge bandwidth can give it a try.I should however make one comment regarding the quality of salesmanship for reliance.......the salespeople are themselves unaware of the product features that they are trying to impress upon the wannabe customers. They are saying 30KBps+ when I am actually getting 5-15KBps. Anybody reading?? 😀

If anyone is getting download of 10-15KBps (ie 10-15 x 8 kbps = 80-120 kilobits per second) that is VERY good.CDMA 1x technology itself is max designed for 144kbps downloads. Upload will be even slower ,only 56kbps.If Reliance is able to deliver 10+KBps downloads that is the best possible.Only in upcoming EVDO the speed will increase to 300kbps ie equivalent to DSL broadband download speeds.Mr. Rattan Tata wants to pay the government Rs 1500 crore as fees for the required spectrum.The Government of India does NOT want to take the fee and release the spectrum. Maybe they are waiting for money in some other way :angry:

Originally posted by videshi_laloo@May 24 2005, 03:28 PM
Mr. Rattan Tata wants to pay the government Rs 1500 crore as fees for the required spectrum.

The Government of India does NOT want to take the fee and release the spectrum. Maybe they are waiting for money in some other way  :angry:
[snapback]9993[/snapback]
[/quote]

Rs.1500 crores is only approx U$ 400 million !! You bet the Indian govt. wants more, we are talking about a billion people here. Granted not all of them need this but still a potentially huge market. The only way for this to happen is if a foreign telco puts up the rest, in exchange for some sort of share on the market.

When spectrum was up for auction in europe some years ago, i believe bids were in the U$ Billion range. So damn high that ppl were wondering how the telcos would be able to remain in business after.

Status
Not open for further replies.