Leased line: Airtel or Tata?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 6,635

Deep

I am looking for a leased line provider in Mumbai, got quotes from Airtel and Tata but could not find any proper reviews for any of these 2.
Airtel is providing leased line using wireless connectivity and Tata is going to use the Fibre cable.
Both have assured 99.5% SLA with 10 mbps 1:1 speed. (This clause will be written on the agreement too)
But I am not sure which one to opt for. So far, Airtel is cheaper than Tata.
Any personal experiences?
Thanks
Deep

Tata, hands down. Wireless shouldn't even be an option if they're saying it's a leased line. But then again, I'm picky.
Also, YMMV depending on your area - if Tata is using their own infra, great. If not, you're at the mercy of the local provider.

Deep said:
Airtel around 4.1L and 20K setup. Tata agreed for 3.7L and 5K setup. Service tax extra on both. 10mbps 1:1
Not too bad if that includes the last mile and CPE. Which area?

We have Tata Comm Leased line at work. Half the time there would be ~3% packet loss or latency spike everywhere but it has never went down since installation. Used to have Airtel before and saying that their transit quality was great would be an understatement. Eventually we had to switch since they couldn't keep up their SLA.