Permission needed from RWA for fiber internet in housing society

Hi,
I am living in a housing society which does not yet have any Fiber internet connection. I spoke to my RWA (Residents Welfare Association) management council, and they said that any company will first need their permission before they can bring their cable inside the building and connect my apartment. And they sounded very reluctant to give that permission.
Does Airtel (or any other ISP, for that matter) provide any extra benefits to the society, or any free services with which they can lure the RWA to grant permission? How do the ISP's normally gain entry to the building premises to lay their cable?
Thanks!

kartikgupta said:
Does Airtel (or any other ISP, for that matter) provide any extra benefits to the society, or any free services with which they can lure the RWA to grant permission? How do the ISP's normally gain entry to the building premises to lay their cable?
Money talks, bullshit walks. I speak from experience.

Yup. I am guessing bribes are paid along with an official contract for a rental agreement.

iChaitanya said:
Money talks, bullshit walks. I speak from experience.

chromaniac said:
Yup. I am guessing bribes are paid along with an official contract for a rental agreement.
But I fail to understand why the RWA has a problem in the first place. After all, the RWA members also stay in the same society. And if some awesome service at the best prices can be made available to the society residents, why should the RWA try to create barriers? Even they will eventually get the benefits of that Internet / TV service. Why this misalignment of interests?

If all or a majority of the society residents want that service, can't they (or shouldn't they) persuade/convince/force the RWA council to get that company to come to their building?

RWA is no different from a government body if it consists of corrupt people. They care more about their own financial well being over the overall good of the local society.
Do you participate in the RWA elections and general meetings? Maybe it's time that you do!

Around 10 yrs back when airtel started their service in Delhi. They came to our society to lay cables. They paid Rs 40K in cheque in whatever manner you may take to society and no other money was exchanged.