Deliberate 2G throttling by Docomo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextermorgan

I got banned!
ISP
Beam Fiber
I usually get 60~70kbps in Docomo 2G data packs. Its usually enough for whatsapp and viber.
Then I get a message from TD about 151 special recharge which give 151rs full talktime and 500mb data. So I recharge with it and then immediately start getting shitty speeds.

Half of the time, the internet doesnt even connect. Even for speedtest. I think this is deliberate throttling by docomo. Complained to customer care and they gave the usual BS about how speeds are dependent on network, time of the day, no of users simentaniously using network blah blah. I find this highly convenient for docomo to have these problems right after I recharge with their plan.
Should I write to their appellate authority or leave this matter right where it is?

Its DoCoMo. What more can one say 😀

Complain to pgportal. Though, this being a data issue, they'll give their standard data speed is beyond our control reply.

I used to get decent 2g speeds till yesterday . recharged yesterday and speed suddenly gets throttled which leads me to believe Docomo wantedly throttles speeds for customers of certain packs.

It doesn't connect on my phone as well n i thought it was some kinda problem with my phone but its surprising to see that the problem is there everywhere! Docomo 3G used to be very good but i stopped using it and 2G is really really bad n i also used to get such pathetic speeds too.. I'm thinking of porting to bsnl from docomo.. I dunno if you'll believe or not but i get abt 250kbps most of the time on bsnl whenever i use internet on my dads phone!! The only thing you can do is port to bsnl or some other network -_-

Already have an idea sim which Iam porting to BSNL. Iam getting around 6~7mbps on BSNL 3g (checked with bsnl dongle) so Iam hoping everything goes smooth. Docomo is my primary number and too much of a hassle to mess with it. Thank god for dual sim phones.

Some guy from docomo called today. he was asking where I was getting slow speeds so that he'll reset all the data towers in that region. I told him my problem exactly and he nonetheless insisted on resetting the towers whatever that meant.
Called me probably 10 times. Finally he called me and said he reset the towers and ill experience good speeds. So now when I come to my home and check the speeds, its -0.00 mbps. Yes, you read that right, iam getting minus speeds.

Minus speeds mean server timeout. Probably, due to poor latency of 2G or too many users connected to the same bts.

Now, unless they add more capacity or the number of users falls drastically, things won't improve.

So two people kept on calling today and yesterday trying to solve the problem. One guy basically reset every tower I was connected to in order to reset the problem. Another guy assured that there was some configuration problem and I'll get speeds by the end of the day. Lastly the guy called again and told me to check. I got 8ms ping and 2 mbps upload but download speeds remained capped at 0.08mbps. Then that guy basically threw up his hands and said that this is the assured speed and since Iam getting assured speeds, they can't do anything. Told him to stop wasting both his time and my time and cut the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.