Does Applying For Airtel Broadband Only Cost Rs. 500?

• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,388

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Is it true that applying for a new Airtel broadband connection costs only Rs. 500?

It is free 😀

no its a limited period* offer only !!!!!! (thats wot the pamphlet sez)*limited period extends 365 days a yr 😛 😛

Yeah they do on some ocassions. I'm not sure wat they are exactly

MTNL charged Rs. 1500 for phone connection and Rs. 1500 for broadband connection! Even when it's a government company how come it charged so much...

wot u talkin bout...mtnl charges 1300 for triband activation/installation .......i.e when u hv a phone pre-installed at ur place

No I am talking of getting both the phone and broadband installed. So it was around Rs. 1500 (Rs. 1300 if you say) for broadband and around Rs. 1500 for phone in the case of MTNL. That's what I wanted to know about Airtel. I just called up their so hard to get through customer care and was told the net cost would be Rs. 1300 to get phone+broadband installed for the 128 k unlimited plan. Since I already coughed up Rs. 3000 for Triband only in Sept 2006 and it's not that bad with a daytime 1 GB limit (the speed is good of course and the exchange is just 300 m away from my home) I will stay with it for now 😉

okk....got ur pt.here its 500(modem security) for a new airtel BB conn..........they give a telep[one free of cost with it which is on pay as per usage(zero rental) plan.....so i jus pay for the BB and get a free phone for incoming 🙂 🙂 🙂....quite a good package

QUOTE(AmbarD @ Feb 3 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]78402[/snapback]
Package is good.....BB speeds arent 😛[/b]
yes..this is very true...it wil cost u lot more than 500 as the spds r worst.

QUOTE(jason @ Feb 3 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]78460[/snapback]
yes..this is very true...it wil cost u lot more than 500 as the spds r worst.[/b]
i'm confused :blink: :blink:

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Feb 3 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]78462[/snapback]
i'm confused :blink: :blink:[/b]

Let me make it clear,

Youll have to pay 850 Rs in case u don't have any Airtel landline phone installed at your place which will include

Rs 500/- - modem registration fee (Non refundable), paying 500 means you opted modem on rent & u'll be charged for monthly rent of modem @ 99 Rs/month if applicable in plan. if you want to purchase it, u'll have to pay Rs 1500/- airtel will provide 1 yr warranty.

Rs 350/- - Registration fee for telephone line (Non refundable)

rest charges depends on plan & topup & added benifits if u avail any...

So its 850 Rs upfront if u don't have airtel L/L/ installed...

If u have airtel L/L installed before 31 nov 2006, company will not charge Rs 500 the registration fee for modem & it will be given to you free ON RENTAL BASIS which mean u'll not pay the registration fee but u'll have to pay the monthly rental @ 99 Rs/month if applicable in plan.

now i think u'll get clear picture out of this.