• Thread starter Thread starter vistatech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,711
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
I applied for EVDO recently and first got the Prithvi UE100, but it was really problematic on my PC. It wouldn't work with any extenders and I had been using a 5 mtr extension cable with my MTS 3G+ Modem. It would just connect for a few minutes and then the download speed (shown in the Prithvi Dialer) would automatically drop to 0 kbps. And, then I'd have to disconnect the device from my computer, reconnect to get it working again. At times, I also had to restart. I tried it on a laptop and it seemed to work fine without any problems.
I was frustrated and I got a ZTE AC8700 modem from BSNL office and it worked a bit better than Prithvi. But, still the download speed drops to 0kbps and then I'd have to reconnect and/or restart. Ironically again, it works fine on the laptop. But, the thing I don't understand is that if it's my PC s problem, then how did MTS 3G+ modem (ZTE AC2792) work fine on my desktop?
Solutions I have tried:-
1. Tried formatiing with Windows 8 and Windows 7 multiple times.
2. Treid reinstalling ZTE Wireless Terminal multiple times.
3. Tried running the software in Compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.
I really need help here. Please help guys. Any kinda help is appreciated...

tried switching to other USB ?
tried using the windows dialer instead of the modem interface ?

did u try other normal USB modems , any GSM modems that works on ur PC ?

Have you set your network setting to evdo only?
If you're set on auto mode, it automatically switches to cdma 1X mode sometimes (like receiving a service msg or call) and speed drops heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.