• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,713

armaan_99

Armaan
ISP
Airtel ₹1099
Jio ₹399 Plan
I am using Tata Sky from its launch year, now with recent tariff hike and also increase in HD ACCESS FEES the monthly consumption on watching TV is going out of hand and hence decided to move to D2h, but still there is ambiguity regarding the picture quality. Decided for HDR ... Anybody here can share the built of the STB, remote and the UI. I have seen the UI of d2h on normal STB, not very impressive. Is the HD DVR also has similar UI.

Well it was not worth to be stuck with TATA waiting for adding channels as the same comes with exorbitant prices and with HD it has already touched the sky.

I have their 3D capable STB. Build quality is fine. Remote... They can handle a bit of abuse. Not a fan of software.

armaan_99 said:
I am using Tata Sky from its launch year, now with recent tariff hike and also increase in HD ACCESS FEES the monthly consumption on watching TV is going out of hand and hence decided to move to D2h, but still there is ambiguity regarding the picture quality. Decided for HDR ... Anybody here can share the built of the STB, remote and the UI. I have seen the UI of d2h on normal STB, not very impressive. Is the HD DVR also has similar UI.

Well it was not worth to be stuck with TATA waiting for adding channels as the same comes with exorbitant prices and with HD it has already touched the sky.
I have been using D2h for 5 months now, was using Tatasky for over 7 years, had multiroom and HD both. Post moving to D2h i am having SD TS and HD d2h. One perception that is out there is that quality of HD channels is better in TS, well this was broken after moving to D2h. Also i pay quite less to what i would end up paying to watch the same HD channels in TS. I do not record programs nor i have a recording STB so would not be able to comment on the same. coming to few good things in D2h, i get 21 hd channels in Rs 345 its cheaper than what i was paying in TS to watch lesser channels. The HD access fee is a deal breaker for TS. my STB has a RF remote which is a pleasure as it feels good to operate the remote from anywhere in the room without worrying about line of sight. Some negatives, the remote feel and quality doesn't look to be that great, but i have not faced any issues so far. The STB interface takes time to learn and yes the channels switching takes 5 sec +, its a bit slower than TS. But i have got used t it as i watch only HD channels on DTH. There are plenty of packs to opt for. You can go for South Gold HD as it has most of the HD channels apart from premium content and is Rs 399 per month. Another advantage with D2h is you recharge online and you get 3% extra. Also if you recharge 7 days in advance you also get Rs 15 extra. So on a monthly recharge of Rs 350, i roughly end up getting Rs 375 every month. Rs 10 for cashback and Rs 15 for early recharge. This is again more that what i ever got in TS by recharging before my due date.

So review the same and take a call.