Using 2 services on same cable ?

• Thread starter Thread starter SweetShot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,958
ISP
MTNL
Hello
Im currently mtnl user , i have 650 unlimited plan , of course normal internet connection through rj 11 cable with landline (i have own wifi router TP-Link having only rj11 slot) , now i have got a new local isp , he is giving 5mbps unlimited @ 850 rs per month , he provides connection through rj 11 too , so can i use both on same telephone line ? ( a single telephone line comes to my house from telephone box below , from it i use mtnl landline and mtnl broadband ) , can i use mtnl landline and local isp broadband from same line ? (i feel no , but no idea , in any case i dont want to disconnect mtnl landline )
Thank you

Unilited with no FUP? You might want to check mtnl's 8 Mbps plans too.

Further, I doubt local ISP will use rj11. Are you sure that's its not Rj45?

And no, you cannot use mtnl landline and some other broadband on the same telephone line.

SweetShot, you are 100% wrong, Any private ISP cannot provide connectivity thru phone line (RJ 11) cause its only used
by Land-line based telecom companies as ADSL.
Either pvt ISP mentioned it wrong or you mis-understood, if its a broadband connection it would be based on RJ 45 (The LAN Cable Connector)
which will come from nearest Hub in your building or from a Roof-Top Antenna.
Two ISP's cannot use same cable, and in your case its One ADSL Connection (MTNL) and other is LAN based so yes you can use it but they are different technologies.
If you mention the name of this ISP, I am sure someone here would already have details about it.

The name of isp is Sanskar Internet service and Local ISP do provide connection through rj11 , my last ISP D-vois was giving me through rj11 and my friend through rj 45 ( thats why i bought TP-Link TD-W8951 ND wireless router) and yes there is no FUP (atleast not mentioned on leaflet , i will need to call them for confirmation )
@x720 , i use too much internet , my usage easily goes 100Gb Upload + Download with this 1/1.5 mbps plan haha ,and i cannot afford buying 2350 rs 8mbps mtnl plan sry

this is the first time i have heard of an isp giving a connection through a telephone wiring! what advantage would he get doing so?
if u r looking for a dual wan setup it can be done on Asus routers but with rj45.

In my area (Pune).. My local operator provide Joister connection via RJ11... each subscrber need to have a ADSL modem to access net.
He is also the franchisee for BSNL and provides BSNL bbnd too.
I talked to him once.. and he told that he has connected Joister bbnd to his local DSLAM and provided joister connected via ADSL.. this helps him to manage joister bandwidth properly.