• Views Views 10,750

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Parks and Recreation.webp

The absurd antics of an Indiana town's public officials as they pursue sundry projects to make their city a better place.

NBC entertainment president Robert Greenblatt said Sunday that Poehler's "Parks & Recreation" will be back for a seventh season next fall. Poehler, host of last week's Golden Globe ceremony, won a Globe for best comedy actress for her role as a small town bureaucrat.NBC also signed a production deal with Poehler and committed to making a pilot for a comedy that she is writing, tentatively titled "Old Soul."
NBC Renews 'Parks & Recreation' for 7th Season — abcnews.go.com

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that Greenblatt only made a statement to that effect. It was not a commitment. This is in no way a binding contract as the title of the abcnews report imply.
He said he's feeling "bullish" about the fate of "Parks & Rec" and "Community." At this point, someone asked for a clarification as to what the word "bullish" actually mean. Greenblatt replied that he was going out on a limb and said "Parks & Rec" is going to have a 7th season.
I do think both "Parks & Rec" and "Community" have a very good chance of getting renewed considering the poor performance of the other NBC comedies. They have a couple of new comedies scheduled post-winter Olympics and a couple of more on the bench. Things will depend on how those comedies do in the ratings.

Yes. The same as "Parks & Rec" but both shows have cult fan base and the ratings of their other 2 Thursday night comedies "Sean Saves the World" and "The MJ Fox Show" are comparatively worse.

Great show. The first season (6 episodes only) was forgettable. The show took off in the second season. Another example why it's a fool's errand to judge a show, especially a comedy by it's pilot. It will usually take a few episodes or even a season to establish the premise and to figure out what works well with the ensemble.
The sixth season ended last night. I'm yet to watch the one-hour finale. The show has been renewed for a seventh season.