How do I enable SMS alerts for transactions in ICICI Bank?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 23,437

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I basically fought with them to disable these alerts when they started charging for them. I was told that essential alerts would still be sent. Apparently debit and credit updates are not essential updates. Now I cannot find out how to reenable these alerts. Getting on the phone is the only work around? Is there an option on their online banking portal?

Man. I cannot even send them a request through online banking. They now have predefined options with highly restricted fields to send them a mail online. They do not even respond on Twitter these days. Cannot wait to shut down my ICICI Bank account as well.

is it? i cannot even find the way to access my account through it. it does not accept the regular online banking username/password right?

Call them get it activated, yes different password

It's not supposed to launch rockets so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Wrote an application. Hopefully it would be enough for them. I imagine they would give me a form to fill.

it's for mom's acount so i cannot call on her behalf and customer care people drive her crazy when i get her to talk to them so i prefer submitting applications.

Actually all you need to do when you need to do things.. Is have her do the verification and say - I want some details and I am giving my son permission to speak on my behalf.. And then take over the call. I do the same with dad. Even he goes crazy if he has to speak more than 2-3 minutes

Reaching a real person on the other line has become a challenge. I have measured. It takes 4 minutes 25 seconds for me to reach a person on Standard Chartered.