Newbie from Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter sabman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,542

sabman

Hey Guys,i just took a new cable connection and opted for the sify package of 96kbps unlimited (i can already hear people screaming sin! sin!). I have used sufy before and i know thier service sucks. But honestly there sintl much option here. They are the only ISP providing unlimited download at this speed. I went through a lot of topics and many people seem to be pissed with the 150 mb limit. When i got the brochure it was clearly written that the 150 mb limit is for packages with speeds of 128 and above.Till now i have only gone above 150 thrice and havnt faced the prob of slow downloads. I get a download speed of 10-12 kbps anytime of the day. But i guess i will have to check by keeping a constant download someday. I want to know if people are still facing problemsSecondly those alternate sify clients are they reliable and wat r the advantages?And sify users of Chembur, Govandi, Deonar if any from this forum plz post ur messenger ids so that we can share cya

the problems?they hid it before the court case happened.new users were not told about it before the case happened.

call cust care ask them & you will be cleared that limit is their on all unltd packs excluding night packs

i hope after the case they wont be doing . I confirmed with my local sify representative many a times. BUt what do say will happen : will i be deducted a day everytime i go beyond 150 mb or will they reduce my speed?And Ajay how is the two packages working out. I initially planned to take the same 2 packages like yours.

@ sabman the night pack is good i am sucking 1.5gb per day. they should provide us this pack 24x7 i can pay double the price 😛

Originally posted by ajay@Apr 28 2005, 02:25 PM
@ sabman the night pack is good  i am sucking 1.5gb per day. they should provide us this pack 24x7 i can pay double the price 😛
[snapback]8570[/snapback]
[/quote]

Now how is that possible. The night pack is for 10 hrs that is 10 to 8 . Even if you get full 256 KBPS ie ~ 32 Kbps you can only download 1 GB of data that too if you download non stop 10 hrs. How much speed are you getting in that night pack

that is the point how i am getting more than 1 gb simple speed is not constant it is between 32 & 64 or sometimes 1mb/s 😀

U guys were right. they cheated me . Just saw the account and 3 days been removed!ajay i need ur help . Can u tell me how the 2 packages works . Do they charge u extra for the 2nd package ? And what happens when at 8 am does it log off by itself and start the the next package ? I know the normal sify client wont do that (the cheats that they are ) but can easy sify or some other client do that ?

yes sabman you can use to packs to use 2nd pack you will have to ask your cto for a new username but if he asks for money simply call CC they will take care of it after you got new user name choose the pack of your choice. if you select 256kbps night unltd it is the best pack around works between 10pm to 8am & for day time use you can choose 40kbps unltd pack both packs in just Rs945 😀

sabman didnt i warn you about this :S , 256k rocks , im no longer a sify user as sify pulled out /booted out of my area what some wahtsoever reason & im now on my old isp at 3kb during day & 10 udring the night.