Cadbury getting rebranded as Mondelez

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,669
Dont like the new name. Definitely going to reduce sale.
In India Cadbury is alternate name for choclate. Just like Xerox is alternate name for photocopy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVChyy_moiM
Will remember you Cadbury !

Manu said:
People don't ask for Cadbury Gems, they just ask for Gems, don't think this will affect anything.
what I mean is, when a kid is crying, people ask them "cadbury khaoge?!"
i.e. even kids know cadbury means choclate or similar alternatives. i.e. they are about to get something that they like!

now imagine asking kid "Mondelez khaoge?!" - some kid might even get afraid hearing the name. Sounds more like "Maar khoage?!" 😀

I wonder how many people will recognize the new brand name."Mondelez" is not at all pleasant and enjoyable in tongue.It's more like a south american surname than a chocolate one.Where's this branding team heading?

Sounds like a wasteful exercise unless of course they are not legally allowed to continue using the name Cadbury.

Yes, the power of advertising would help in increasing their brand recognition. But it is such a wasteful exercise.

We would be paying out of our pockets for the campaign designed around this brand promotion.

Any idea why they needed to change the brand name?I mean "cadbury" is such a nice name that you can't think of replacing it by any means.

cadbury is iconic ! its stupid to dump a brand name built over decades known the world over for some weird sounding half drunk pot bellied mexican dude's surname lolz
i am quite sure this mendele whatever would price choclates with a markup!

And anyawys, chocolate in india implies cadbury.
Who even eats Nestle and Amul chocolates?
I haven't eaten a Milky bar in years.
And anything like Lindt is far too expensive.

saarth said:
Wait, Cadbury isn't british?

I swear there is a seal of the queen or something on Bourneville.
It was purchased by Mondelez from Kraft AFAIK. Amul chocolates are pretty good.