• Thread starter Thread starter tri_vis
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 9,097

tri_vis

ISP
bsnl, GTPL
Moron TS again did it.
Tata Sky Base Pack charge on your a/c revised to Rs. 360 pm. Select Addon channels/Packs will undergo price revision in April. Press help on your rmote for details.
I hope TS needs to understands price sensitive Indian market and act accordingly. TS can't increase prices now and then as per there wish. This will gonna loose many customers.
I hope we have portability in DTH also like MNP in mobile.

They are increasing prices across the board. My Grand Sports pack is increased to Rs. 450pm from Rs. 430. Add on SD set top boxes charges increased from Rs180pm to Rs. 200. And last month they increased the HD access fee from Rs 100pm to Rs. 125! I actually wish they now stop adding new channels so that they dont get an excuse for increasing the charges. As it is we hardly watch all the channels that we are subscribed to.

What is this "HD access fee?" Should one pay the fee to access the HD channels in addition to paying for the HD channels separately? This sounds ridiculous. What's the point of paying for the HD STB and HD channels if we have to pay an additional monthly fee?

There is no separate charge for HD Channels. All HD Channels can be viewed only if you pay the HD Access fee. Exception being the Sports and Special HD Channels for which charges will be extra as is the case in any other DTH operator.

^^^ Sports channels can also be viewed with HD Access fee if SD version of that Sports channel is part of your base pack.
Only channels categorised as Specials (like Star World Premiere HD and Star Sports HD for WT20) was not available through HD Access Fee.
By HD Access Fee we can watch all HD channels which have SD version available in our base or add-on pack.

SVK said:
^^^ Sports channels can also be viewed with HD Access fee if SD version of that Sports channel is part of your base pack.
Only channels categorised as Specials (like Star World Premiere HD and Star Sports HD for WT20) was not available through HD Access Fee.
By HD Access Fee we can watch all HD channels which have SD version available in our base or add-on pack.
I see.

Whats the reason we r paying hd access fee? When we r buying hd box it must be included and these operators must introduce an all channels pack with some higher fees so that people dont have the headache of selecting channels.. I mean all channels pack

Entry cost for HD will be very high if the box has to be sold at higher price. Besides, the operator needs more bandwidth to render HD services that adds to their operating expenses. It cannot be covered by upfront one-time payment and they wouldn't know for how long you will subscribe.
However, given the increase in the HD channel count, a slab based HD access fee may be attractive to the users.

Addon prices also increased. Now we have to pay Rs 45 for packs which was Rs 30 earlier. (e.g. English News)
My monthly expense has crossed Rs 500 🙁

Dhamaal Mix package price is increased to 230 and 6 channels added:
MTV, MTunes, MTV Indies (never knew this channel ever existed), Sony Mix, UTV Stars and VH1.

rVszMTl.jpg

I believe your prices are up again today?