Time taken to install the service

• Thread starter Thread starter voodoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,472

voodoo

Hi guys i'm from bangalore & i had applied for BSNL Broadband connection on Apr 21when will i get my connection any idea?

ask the BSNL guys perhaps.

They shud have given the modem by now and the user id shud follow after 2-4 after the delivery of modem. One small follow up with the CO ( Commerial Officer ) of your Exchange will guide you a bit.

I "applied" on Feb 21st and got it in one week flat... i moved to bangalore (indranagar area) so not only the dataone but also the LANDLINE within the same week! hehebut i had to run aroudn a lot.. go personally to the bsnl office and pick up the forms, fill it out, pay cash at BDA, return it to the office, then a few days later they installed my landline, then i went to the office and gave them my new number, then they called back with a order number which i had to call some engineer and give him... then he took a day or two to "setup the connections" (enable the dataone to my landline). friday the guy was supposed to come and install the CPE (modem etc) but i was working so he came on saturday morning...woooothe manager at the bsnl office told me that people "apply" for connections by sending old forms or incomplete info like missing telephone numbers, email addresses that bounce, incomplete addresses etc etc...

And if you would have asked the CO to allot u a preffered number then he wouldhave given u that also within that one week. I had taken my fathers Dataone on a seperate line other than the phones in the house and the whole process of line, number, dataone and starting of it was 4 1/2 days .say 5.Fancy numbers on new connections is fine and one shud try to get it ......all my numbers in the office are ending with 6600........BSNL, Airtel and Reliance all have obliged without charging a penny extra.

How did u convince the operators for that special nos. ?

I applied for dataone on feb 14 or so and got the connection on march 2nd. Took some pestering of the service engineer. Speaking of special no.s.. When I moved last dec to this current apt, bsnl gave a special no. without asking. But that damn no. was used by a appliances store 3-5 years back. We're planning to get this no. changed because we get so many wrong calls a day. Very irritating. Its in the format 2xxy2(x+1)(x+1)(y+1).

Politeness pays else contacts do. I have the Area Manager or the GM in case of problems and in case they cant solve it then the HO at Delhi sees to it.But I use this only as a trump card if all else fails.Generally the CO ( Commercial Officer ) does it all as he has say and also the DE Internal.

Tough luck..............I am glad I dont get such calls on any of my numbers till now. Else Id hit the roof.

ways2gain, are you a Nokia fan? hhehe just guessing coz of 6600

heydo u know me ???becoz i use a 6600 and I do feel Nokia is a excellent supplier of phones - I dunno if they outsourse it or make them.

Chinese batteries are apparent becoz of the poor performance. But then even HP gets theirs fro Chian for the laptops. China has become a huge hub. And sadly the stuff is inferior though cheaper.

GE gets most of their tech hardware made in china. the beetle phones provided by Airtel are chinese through a deal with GM. Sucks at quality.