• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 9,909

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Basically... my mom's phone went dead and can't be fixed. So we have to buy a new phone.What we want is a top of the line camera phone. Something up till like 20,000 rupees. She dosen't want a smart phone but just a normal one with a camera.She has a Hitch SIM card.Any advice?

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Jan 26 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]76964[/snapback]
Basically... my mom's phone went dead and can't be fixed. So we have to buy a new phone.

What we want is a top of the line camera phone. Something up till like 20,000 rupees.
She dosen't want a smart phone but just a normal one with a camera.
She has a Hitch SIM card.

Any advice?[/b]

For that budget you should be able to get a great Sony Ericsson. The Nokia N series is way more flexible and powerful overall but since you've specifically said the phone doesn't need to be a hardcore smart phone a Sony Ericsson would be the ideal choice. Great looking, small enough for a lady to carry & great camera + audio. I'd advise against buying grey market stuff though. Also make sure it has Carl Zeiss optics, it seems likely that all their high-end models would have Zeiss but I'm not 100% on that. A little research on their site should help you narrow it down to a specific model.

http://gadgets.fosfor.se/camera-phone-shootout

hmmm...phone for ur mom ...i don think u need to hv a budget of 20k for that....Sony ericsson phones r quite good and cheap too. jus keep in mind to not buy a phone with a joystick coz they coz a hell of a lot of probs later on................waise i suggest u check out sony ericsson's z550i its arnd 8-9k and quite good.

Any good phones without the music thing? Without audio in them? The radio part is fine but I don't think she wants a Walkman phone...

try k790i and see if that meets your requirements.

any decent phone with a decent camera would have the forced camera thing...and Sony cybershot is the only decent phone below 20k which has a 3mp camera. cybershot is better than walkman phone as the concentration is on the camera and not on the music features. someone tell me if there is a 3mp camera phone in the market which sells for below 20k in the indian market... 😀

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Jan 26 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]77008[/snapback]
hmmm...phone for ur mom ...i don think u need to hv a budget of 20k for that....[/b]

why??? what's wrong with the budget for mom??? 🤔

exactly. my mom had an issue with me when i wanted to buy my dad a moto razr. i had no issues. i wanted my dad to have a decent looking phone. in the end he decided to go for reliance and i just had no options in finding him a decent looking phone 🙁he just said that airtel charges are way too high and reliance bills come much smaller. 😕 i just had no answer on this.

Is the K750i or 90i, the cybershot one? a good phone? Also it is under 20K right?

use google. go to the market find it out for yourself. stop asking for spoonfeeding.no one on the forum is actually going to buy the phone for you and deliver it to your mom.

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Jan 26 2007, 11:43 PM) [snapback]77069[/snapback]
why??? what's wrong with the budget for mom??? 🤔[/b]

yaar........c'mon how many tech savvy mom's u know ???...mom's (usually) r not into all this stuff...basic music(fm+mp3) and may a 1mp camera..i don think they need like 1 gb storage or 3mp camera...

but exceptions r always there.........

well most of us 'techies' have phones which we do not utilize fully. a phone is a phone. u want some features. some other features are thrown at you. you do not actually have a choice. most decent mp3 player phones would have a built in camera. and most high quality camera phones would have some kind of mp3 playing capability.