Airtel's 512kbps Unlimited Plan

Hehe got your attention didn't I!Lol anyways I called up Airtel CS today and was chatting with them.I casually mentioned to the CS Rep that I'd heard that Airtel *ahem* had a "512 kbps unlimited plan" and if they could upgrade me when, surprise surprise, she tells me "Yes sir we're increasing our bandwidth on our servers for this and will be announcing a 512kbps unlimited plan before November end.After I recovered 2 minutes later I said thank you very much, Jai Airtel and hung up promptly.So to conclude dear chaps since we know sometimes the customer reps can be "slightly enthusiastic or clueless" when it comes to providing information I encourage you'll to also call Airtel CS and ask them about their plans for a 512kbps unlimited plan and how much you're looking forward to it 🙄 Let me know what your experinces are!

" Lol anyways I called up Airtel CS today and was chatting with them. "Hey bhagwan sara time ladkiyon is Call centre pe . loljust couldnt resist postin 😛

Here is some insiders news... first the guy works in airtel IDC told me that they had total 30Gbps bandwidth at any given time it is around 30% utilization only... they don't have home or business custome for rest of bandwithd, he also told me that smae with other Big players such as BSNL and VSNL. So to capture market they are upgrading backbone that connects there DSL hub and main IDC the 512kbps unlimited and 1Mbps (limited) for home will be first roll out in Chenni and B'lore as these two city they got good customers.. however he refues to give me price hint... but it will be < 1500 he said 🙂 my guess is 512kbps would be around 1200rs and 1 mbps would be around 2500rs. as 70% bandwiidth is not used by them it is like loss for them... and yes it will rollout service by next year he said Just pray to god and I will go for 512kbps even if they chage upto 1500rs 😀

dude, dont shatter my dreams! rollout service by NEXT year? BY next year, meaning before next year? or at the end of next year?Or Blore/Chennai first rollout will be end of THIS year?!??!Say it ain't/is so ! booohoo

Originally posted by vishalrao@Oct 19 2005, 07:18 AM
dude, dont shatter my dreams! rollout service by NEXT year? BY next year, meaning before next year? or at the end of next year?

Or Blore/Chennai first rollout will be end of THIS year?!??!

Say it ain't/is so ! booohoo
[snapback]28966[/snapback]
[/quote]
vishalrao, may be first or second week of Jan-06 but he his not giving me too much info and he told me that some of airtel employes home alredy put on 512kbps test drive 🙂 so chennai/blore are first on to roll out but he said managment is not sure about prices yet < 1000 or 1000> to

We in BLR got a little greting card form airtel yesterday and they had the pricelist on it.the 512K plans on it are Freedom Combo & Exec combo at Rs.1094/month (inclusive of modem rental) but they are limited plans.My guess is it might be at the same price for unlimited since you are saying they have lots of bandwidth to go around. and my guess for the 1Mbs plan is 1500.After having gone onto 256k i can say...its only 50% used. This is the way to do it. give unlimited so ppl dont feel like they have to get the whole internet and feel frustrated and watch the clock.

BTW, if u other airtel users wid home999 plans haven't noticed. I think Airtel upgraded plans.Now i'm getting 512 Kbps instead of 256Kbps, YE! B)

Wat do u mean by that, i also live in gurgaon, Sector-23.Right now i'm getting cosntant 50 Kbps on a downloadHmm... maybe we might be knowing each other 😛why am i not allowed to pm in here ?

Yeah! I was getting 45-50 KB/s download speeds last night!!!! That is so awesome!!! The only thing is that surfing sites is still not as fast as it should be at that speed....... don't know what's going on, but it seems like it almost has to accelerate to that speed or something like that..... basically it starts by accessing a site at say 56kbps and then become fast to about 128kbps, then a little fast and then a little faster.... never really seems to reach 512kbps because the site usually is loaded before that......

Does that make sense?

Maybe it's just because I have 128MB RAM only and am running an Anti-virus as well as a firewall all the time.........

Yeh even i am getting 256 kbps speeds on my home 699 plan (128 kbps) so i think airtel indeed wants to give more speeds ,or they may be testing their capacities before officially announcing plans.Regarding websites i dont think so RAm will make such a diff., I think airtel DNS servers are not that good ,on my Previous hotwire 128 kbps plan loading websites was a lot more Faster then current airtel 256 kbps.

thegenerousjew , i think u din't read my earlier post is the same thread, yes i'm getting a cosntant 50 KB/s download at the moment, it was 55-58 KB/s a few hours back, say early this morning and this increase in speed i noticed three days back early in the morning at around 4:30 AM.i guess that will clear out things, but don't take my word for it though, coz i called up the airtel guys n they have no clue about the increase in speed so i also kept mum about it. 😛 don't want them to rectify the increase in speed problem if it is a problem , do we now ? :lol:

you lucky..... 😛 This never happens with me 🙁 I get sucky 6-7KBps 🙁