vsnl email problem

• Thread starter Thread starter rooo12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 26,520
Agreed, u need not make dataone ur permanent address else everytime u choose service provider u have to change email id and thats a pain in the place where it hurts most.

Originally posted by ways2gain@May 14 2005, 07:51 AM
I am surprised because mails are simple settings and there is no reason why it shud not work. Its the first time I saw such a thing happen.
Kiran, u will have to feed ur full user name ( username@dataone.in ) and then only with it work.
Also the password is case sensitive so make sure u making ni mistake.
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_settings.html
[snapback]9301[/snapback]
[/quote]
works now..but gives a system admin mail saying

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 5/14/2005 4:26 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'kiranmayi.vr@gmail.com' on 5/14/2005 4:26 PM
530 5.7.1 Relaying not allowed: kiranmayi.vr@gmail.com
🙁

Thats surprising that ur mails are not going properly. I sent u a test mail and it did get sent out though I am not sure if it reached u. This was sent quite a few hours back at say 5 or 6 hours.

Originally posted by cutekiran_jnc@May 14 2005, 04:31 PM

🙁
[snapback]9316[/snapback]
[/quote]

ofcourse it would go from ur end... to a thrid party id...
i did get the test mail... but then y am i not bale to send the mails:angry: :blink:

1. Did you receive my test mail ?2. If your settings are as directed, then I am surprised that I am able to send mails while you are not able to, this is strange.

Originally posted by cutekiran_jnc@May 14 2005, 04:31 PM

🙁
[snapback]9316[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Relaying not allowed" msg is given when u do not have the rights to use the server without authentication. This may also happen if u try to send emails thru dataone when u r logged on using VSNL or other ISP. Are u sure u checked "My server needs authentication" and then clicked settings and clicked on the option "use the same settings as my incoming server". By the way, the pop and smtp servers for bangalore are smma.sancharnet.in and smra.sancharnet.in respectively.

BSNL uses different servers for different parts of the country - how dumb of them. They could have made it universal and common.
By the ways - will it be "use the same settings as my incoming server" or will the userid@dataone.in and pw have to fed in. I thin the latter will have to be done in the Authentication.

Once u click on "my server requires authentication", the setting button is to be clicked. If ur username and passwd is the same for both incoming and outgoing (this is usually the case is the pop and smtp server belongs to the same provider). If the smtp server belongs 2 another provider only then u have to choose the 2nd option and enter the username / passwd. BTW, in this case if you choose the 2nd option anyway and write the same username/passwd as that of the incoming, the result is effectively the same. But why type when u can simply click?

guys its still not working..
says this

"
Task 'smma.sancharnet.in - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!'

Ma'm pls ask BSNL guys to visit ur place and fix this up if they cant do it online. Its a wierd problem because apparently things look OK but practically they dont work.

these guys never respond fast yaar... they r so slow.. i calld them and its ben 3 days still no response..... ggggggggrrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by cutekiran_jnc@May 17 2005, 09:32 AM
guys its still not working..
says this

"
Task 'smma.sancharnet.in - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: -ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!'
[snapback]9504[/snapback]

[/quote]

Tell me, do u have a firewall like Zonealarm and an Antivirus software like AVG Antivirus installed? In that case, try disabling the firewall for a while to connect directly to the internet and check mail to find out if the problem goes. If so, u may have to change some settings in the firewall.

ltcolvenkatesh@dataone.in' on 5/20/2005 6:27 AM
530 5.7.1 Relaying not allowed: ltcolvenkatesh@dataone.in

now what does relying not allowed mean yaar

"Relaying not allowed" msg is given when u do not have the rights to use the server without authentication. This may also happen if u try to send emails thru dataone when u r logged on using VSNL or other ISP. Are u sure u checked "My server needs authentication" and then clicked settings and clicked on the option "use the same settings as my incoming server".