vsnl email problem

• Thread starter Thread starter rooo12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 26,522
The current scenario is "A GMAIL for ALL" !What do u all say, guys ?

Hi All Dataone users,

I found a way to send vsnl mail thru dataone on MS Outlook

Here is what you need to do

1. Open your Outlook, click on Tools and then Email Accounts

2. Go to you VSNL account, and change SMTP setting same as your dataone (e.g. smra.dataone.in)

3. Now go to “More Setting”, and click on tab “Outgoing server” and check “Log On Using” and enter your dataone email and password. Then check the box remember my password

4. Now its Done, try sending mails, it worked for me, Just one problem when the other side receives they get a message like “xxx@dataone.in; on behalf of; AAA [xxx@vsnl.in]”

Hope some one can help me sort this out.

Let me know it this works my email ID is aashish14@gmail.com

Originally posted by rooo12@Apr 26 2005, 04:54 PM
the pathetic condition of vsnl is i am virtually no words to say.

i got today dataone connection the problem is i cannot send mails through outlook express in XP by smtp.vsnl.net

i called up service centre in bangalore they its only possible through vsnl dailup.

how pathetic!!!!!!!!!

is it possible to configure in modem(HUWAI) to send though vsnl smtp.
[snapback]8488[/snapback]
[/quote]

Besides that there is no way u can hide the fact that "xxx@dataone.in; on behalf of; AAA [xxx@vsnl.in]” I think BSNL has blocked VSNL in such manner that even mails which shud otherwise go thru as VSNL is now on the My Server Requires Authentication mode still does not go thru. BSNL has not been fair in this manner but then I am told all ISPs have blcoked other ISPs emails to this extent.

i have made a mistake when writing this topic today i way going through vsnl webmail page
http://internet.vsnl.com/highcourt_orders/email_policy.htm

"Emails from only valid and active VSNL IDs will be accepted from VSNL Dial-up connections at VSNL's outgoing mail servers for sending mails. These emails should carry the 'From' address as username@vsnl.net or any valid vsnl email address."

they have not told that they will allow vsnl id only form vsnl account still they are saying they will not let from other account such as dataone

i want to know if they have not specified in the email policy how can they block it!!!!!!!!!!

Valid point but this is being practiced by all ISPs and unless they are prtested against they wont mend their ways. May be the IT Act or Policy permits them to block and someone conversant on this can answer ur query. I am not in the know of it and wont be able to find out either as my sources are limited.Lets wait for someone else on the forum to answer this one who may know about it.

There is nothing wrong in VSNL policy which states the word "only". Also, it is quite natural to block other isp to access one's own smtp server.

I use nmma.sancharnet.in and nmra.sancharnet.in respectively. User id in that case will have to be filled up fully ie userid@dataone.in

Fair enough..................dataone uses the same server for mails as sancharnet so even ur settings shud work.

Originally posted by NarahariBabu@May 13 2005, 05:25 PM
hi kiran,

I am using :

pop3:        smma.dataone.in
smtp:        smra.dataone.in

Check "My Server Requires Authetication"

cheers
[snapback]9265[/snapback]
[/quote]

hey it didnt work...
i tried both the pop's and smtp servers..
it gives me an error 0x800CCC92..
i checked this in support.microsoft.com
and it gave me something and all to do..
didnt work.. it basically for outlook2002 ..when i click on send/recieve it pops up and tells me to enter the netwok password..
i am the admin for it and still not working..
then tried it with the dataone username and password the same problem.. any ideas ppl.....
using winxp pro and outlook 2002

I am surprised because mails are simple settings and there is no reason why it shud not work. Its the first time I saw such a thing happen.
Kiran, u will have to feed ur full user name ( username@dataone.in ) and then only with it work.
Also the password is case sensitive so make sure u making ni mistake.
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_settings.html

please donot trust even dataone mail service if after some time if we change to some other service we will be in soup again.