knak

Regular
...all bikes here look gay (imho)
hero Honda = gay
Karizma = gay
the bajaj scooters = gay
Enfield bike = gay
gay gay gay!!!
i am here in India for almost 4 years now but i have NEVER seen a nice bike.. all are cruisers and are not really my kind of taste..
Back home in holland i have a Gilera Runner scooter,but i didnt bring it with me, i thought it was too dangerous to drive on it here but, after 3.5 years here i kinda got adapted to the indian insane traffic situation....
, yet i have never nowere seen it here or something similar 🙁

Why cant i buy a Kawasaki Ninja, or one of his brothers? or even just a model just like it?

I need to import it which means: paying alot of customs

🙁 why is there no dealer here in Bangalore that sells such a nice bikes?

i know that these racingbikes dont fit well on indian roads... but still.. I WANT!

🙁

roflmao.. :blink: you ride that scooter and call an enfield GAY thats the gayest thing i've ever seen.. lolz..gosh..anyways stop ranting.. if you want a sports bike you'll just have to import it or if you want a cruiser than get the YAMAHA Dragstar.. it'll cost you about 500 grand though

Hey guys......I wanna buy a bike. But the main crappy thing is the milage. i want a bike which can gimme good milage. What bike wud u suggest me???The bikes which is in my mind now are:Bajaj CT 100Hero honda SplendorYamaha LiberoPlease suggest me a good bike. Also it shud fit into my budget 🙁 :wacko:

tvs centra is my suggestion. though i had really suggest to look no further than unicorn. ct100 is too basic. splendor is too expensive for what you get and it no longer is the average king and well stay away from yamaha bikes.

The one problem I have with Indian bikes is - no f**king rear disc brake(RDB.) NONE of the bikes bar BMW and Hyosung have RDB's.
This is why one of the reasons(probably the only reason) why I've never seriously thought about owning a motorcycle in India.

Even in sub-saharan african countries, such bikes are the norm. Can't understand why no domestic manufacturer wants to make one.
Honda's scooters and bikes all over the world are sold with RDB's.
So whenHonda's first bike(forgetting its name) was released a few months back, they gave a full page ad in the paper but there was no mention of RDB's. At that time Honda 2 wheeler's CMD(a jap) came to blore. I missed him by a few hours. Next day when he was back in gurgaon, I called him up sounding pretty irritated. He offered his apologies but didn't mention anything at first. I told him I would boycott his products in India, then he said that Honda is releasing 2 new models in 2005 and one with come with standard DDB's(dual disc brakes) and the other model will be optional DDB(but they won't be cheap, 70-90k.) I'm not keeping my hopes up. I think somebody needs to offer DDB's as standard before the other manufacturers jump in. Just see how popular FDB's have become.

http://www.chennaionline.com/events/Busine...4/11kinetic.asp

Maybe some Indian manufacturer can make a bike similar to the Hyosung(1.67lakhs) and bring the cost down to about 90-1lakh. The Hyosung is very competitive in Taiwan, Thailand and Malaysia but in India, duties and taxes raise the price by 40k.

As for knak- If you can't import a european bike, you can get a second hand japanese 250-400cc bike from thailand for cheap. You just have to find out the right importers. I know one but he rarely does bikes. Only cars.

suplhurine- If fuel economy is no.1, then stick with the hero honda bike with 100 litres fuel economy or the bajaj 100 litre fuel economy bike. Personally, you should go with the bajaj 125 cc(the one jackie chan is advertising.) Its got perfomance and mileage. Stay AWAY from the tvs and yamaha.

why are RDB's so imp? Safety. They allow you to stop faster than drum brakes and last a lot longer.
You can get custom made RDB's from bike shops but it will cost 9-13k.

@bugatti: tvs centra have had rave reviews for its performane and mileage ratios. honda is going down on fuel efficienct meters. bajaj discover is a good buy i agree. but if i am to sell my splendor and get a new one, it would definitely be unicorn.

If you had a choice between the honda karizma and bajaj pulsar 180 or a similar bike, which one would you go for?

karaizma is good.. but my fav is the cbz.. now don't tell me it is old.. (i know it is) but i think it looks the best..

pulsar 180 gotta be the most exciting bike on road today. if we keep the 1lakh+ bikes out of the criteria 🙂

I gotta say that the pulsar 180cc is a good bike on city roads. Rode it for the first time some 4 weeks back. Damn, now I understand why nobody really rides foreign bikes in India. Even the 180 seems like overkill on blr roads.
1)Anything above 250cc is lethal. The moment you touch 60kmh on city roads, some f*#$*@& villager will come in front of you or try to cross the road.
2)The roads in blr are so pathetic for high speed riding that you think its a blessing in disguise manufacturers aren't selling high end bikes.
3) On the highway, forget your bike, you are not even safe in a small car.
4)The politicians have backward mentalities. Insane import duties are to protect the indian bike companies. No competition means less incentive to innovate.

knak- A friend of mine sold his rd350 to a bike dealer(deals in only high end bikes) and I separately found a imported bike dealer in blr. I did ask the prices for the bikes. Found them a little steep for my liking.
I also looked at us ebay, bikes there are available for reasonable prices but getting the paperwork done must be time consuming.
Gilera's, vespa's, cagiva's, ktm's are all nice bikes but you won't find many of them in India. Many people aren't aware of these bikes and servicing and finding one to buy is difficult. If you want a gilera equivalent, import a 200-250cc scooter from thailand or taiwan(there are some real good ones here).

http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/2004/69/feature69_1.htm

p.s here's a scary video of a suzuki 1300r(hayabusa) doing 220mph. Not sure how it was able to get to 220mph. 193mph is its top speed.
http://www.boreme.com/boreme/z-search/sear...ayabusa&x=0&y=0

And here's some 50 videos of bikes, cars etc. Stay away from the crash videos if you've just had your meal. http://www.linienmc.dk/video_galleri.htm

did someone say the enfield was gay?? shit... this guy has problems. the honda unicorn is great by the way. i own one and i love it. i would suggest u get a bike done here in india. in bombay theres this guy who put a gypsy engine on an enfield chassis. it was great. but the rto here wasn't amused. get it passed in delhi.. bribe if u have to. nd by the way... sports bikes have no rational purpose in india... other than u are really really fond of bikes...( like me) or are really really insecure about your wenniepoppins and ur gay tendencies (like urself)... so dude... seriously.. dont go calling the enfield or the honda gay... i'd suggest tht u stick to ur scooter in holland and yodel your way back to indian reality. thank you. 🙂