High Pings To Some Servers

QUOTE(cooler2005 @ Jan 25 2007, 12:30 AM) [snapback]76708[/snapback]
hi...i get high pings on hamachi when i play cs on it..can someone tell me what could be the problem..??? is it the dns server i have set up...???

preferred dns - 203.94.243.70
alternate dns - 203.94.227.70

should i use some other dns???[/b]

hmm....i don think dns has anything to do with the ping ...........moreover i still cud'nt find any diff in my surfing(or hamachi) speeds after trying out a no. of dns's. changing dns only help if u're getting lower than usual speeds and not help if u wanna increase it to above normal.

as far as getting low pings on hamachi r concerned......wot u need to do is find servers whose host has the same isp as urs like i've mentioned in my Post #10.

well the same ip thing does'nt matter coz aliasing option is always there.....

i nvr sed same ip, read again.............i sed same ISP and it makes all the differencealiasing only helps in resolving the 'C class' error, and 95% of the time it does'nt hv any effect on the ping(unless C class error was the prob).

hmm..ya.....it depends on the isp i guess then...i was playing on a hyd server (which was on reliance 300kbps) and was getting 79 latency with 5 people playing..!! and on delhi server (which was on sify 256kbps) with only 3 poeple playing i got 155 latency..!!

i was playing on a hyd server (which was on reliance 300kbps) and was getting 79 latency with 5 people playing..!![/b]
^^^this is odd........i nvr get such low pings on any server apart frm those with airtel hosts.

nd on delhi server (which was on sify 256kbps) with only 3 poeple playing i got 155 latency..!![/b]

^^^this is normal

^^^this is odd........i nvr get such low pings on any server apart frm those with airtel hosts.[/b]
that guy was using dedicated server....dunno if that helped my latency to be low...

^^^this is normal[/b]

no man...i used to get 35 latency on delhi servers when i was using hathway broadband...

35 latency was very good, actually as good as it gets.........u should expect somewhere arnd 100-150 frm normal servers which is very much playable.waise u cud try out playin with us if u want.......for that buzz me on yahoo msgr. u can find my id on my forum profile.