Streaming Video Directly From Tv

GSV13

Special Member
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
I want to show my friends in west about type of channels i have so how could i do this What things i require and what are is upload requirement??? I think it could be done with tv tuner card but don't know how!!could anyone help!!!

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
but there is still the server requirement, how does he stream to his friends ?Presumably he is asking that when his friends enter his IP they will see whatever the tuner card sees at the time. Unless there is some software provided by the tuner card for this purpose ?Also his speed is 256k so if you meet the server reqmt, the best you will be able to do is is stream to a tiny screen to keep latency down.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
umm i think yahoo messenger can assume the tv tuner card to be his webcam and show the television feed as the webcam feed?

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
cool. i just found that setting when i had a tv tuner card but no webcam. now i have none :p

GSV13

Special Member
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
So any kind of TV tuner card will do it??? Tf yes then which is cheapest cum durable one available in market becoz what i know is they corrupt very sooner!

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
For streaming at good resolutions(and quality),you need fairly good upload speed (read like 512k-1M).VLC is pretty straight forward,but there are other streaming server's available.Another point is to use a efficient codec like h264 (unless u want all the grey square blocks like when u watch the streaming video over cellphone..).If u are to stream to more than one person,i recommend that use one of ur friend (with high speed up speeds) as a proxy to other guys..

GSV13

Special Member
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
Thanks for reply every one! :)Yes later many people will be viewing it parallely so how many people could join conference in yahoo messenger at max??Also if 5 person are viewing ||y what would be requirements?? Suppose i have single stream at 128kbps would it be 128 +some headers required for data duplication or directly 128X5people.Also in future i have to make a dedicated website for this so how to go with cheapest & reliable setup on this.