Idea cellular reworking on its website to enhance customer experience

• Thread starter Thread starter chetan31
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,238
so they have taken down the website to launch their new website?

Well, i thought it was only for " self care" portal when they had mentioned a note earlier in the day on their website. But now its clear they are completely reworking on the esthetic of the portal

So what happens to people who want to access their site to pay bills etc? 😀

chromaniac said:
so they have taken down the website to launch their new website?
Well, too late but better late than never.
Idea was lagging the league of AVOID, now finally will see something fresh from them.
Idea also said in its press release that IBM will help them to enhance customer experience. I think this is the first step in that direction

chromaniac said:
So what happens to people who want to access their site to pay bills etc? 😀
They cautioned that bill payment and online recharge on its portal will not be available till 23:59 hrs of 22nd march starting from midnight tonight.

IBM. lol. From what I understand, Airtel is already using IBM for several years now. IBM has not been able to help them at all.

chromaniac said:
IBM. lol. From what I understand, Airtel is already using IBM for several years now. IBM has not been able to help them at all.
Well, apart from IBM non of the software services giant has used case study on building, opp and maitaining application on such large scale.
Tech mah, wipro, tcs and infosys does not have successfull rate to manage this kind of show.

Same reason Even vodafone is with IBM.

Airtel contract is coming up for renewal with ibm lets see who is next

Seen message about site down on 21 March. Paid bill same day to avoid any issues for late payment (though never had any issues in past if bill paid late).

This is a funny thing on their website-

"Why do we have a Fair Use Policy?
A very small number of our customers use wireless internet service inappropriately, for example when sending or downloading very large files, or using 'peer to peer' and file sharing software (which may be sending and receiving video and other large files constantly). This means that service quality for all users is affected, making it slower for everyone to access the internet or send and receive emails, especially at peak times. Peak times may fluctuate between 5pm and midnight, Monday to Sunday.
The vast majority of our customers use their service considerately and their usage levels during peak hours don't disproportionately affect the shared network capacity. Even though only a very small number of our customers use the service inappropriately, their activity does greatly affect the service. Our Fair Use Policy manages inappropriate use and makes sure the service can be used fairly by everyone."

They think of us as data hogs and say that using more than their insane fup is "inappropriate" LOL
This is OK if their UL plans have fup like 10/20 gb. But with fup's like 2 gig?....what dafuq?

FUP is a heavily misused phrase with copy pasted definition all across the web.