problems with http://register.mtnl.net.in

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
ISP
Airtel Home 649 - 256kbps
Hello Guys,

U all must have noticed tht at times the site http://register.bol.net.in stops functioning or does not update the used and left MB's (for a month) figure.

Also, at times does not update the figures for 2 days and straight away updates it for the third day, leaving those 2 days.

So, is there any alternative way to check the exact amount of usage or the MB's left for the month????

🤔

i agree to all what u said...but it never bothered me coz they never deducted my usage...it's always remained where i left it... 😉means if it doesn't update for 2 days, it won't appear in my usage even if i use the net whole day... 😀

But the confusion lies in the "View Session History" page. The figures in this page (the total at the bottom, download + upload) never matches with the figures shown at the "Account Summary" page. 🤔

Account Summary page shows the data usage since your account is active...it just keeps on adding up... 🙂

Buddy, in this case, I am only talking abt. the No. of MB's left for the month figure (ADSL MB) from the "Account Summary" page.I know its a grand total for "Amount" "MB Used" figures.So, 500 - (total upload+ total download) shown at the "View Session History" page should match with the "ADSL MB" figure shown at the "Account Summary" page. Hope u understood.Note: In this case 500 is the 500MB data granted at the start of the month (TriB NU plan) 🙂

ok...clarfiy the question a lil bit more...r u talking about the data that u've used between 8 am and 12 midnight???

Nope. I know tht will not show in the "Account Summary" page (12-8 slot). I am talking abt. the normal one. Hope u understood the following - 500MB - (total upload+ total download) shown at the "View Session History" page should match with the "ADSL MB" figure shown at the "Account Summary" page. 🤔

well dear, u're slightly mistaken..."Account Summary" page shows each byte travelled to/from ur computer...here u go...Amount - Amount left for the month...though i'm not very sure about it coz earlier it was around Rs. 251/-...now it's showing Rs. 951.26/-...may be i can download MBs worth this if i burn up my free quota usage...but not really sure...MB Used - total data transfer u've done...download/upload both...since the account is active...ADSL MB - remaining "free" MBs for the current month...No of eligible E-mail Ids - 1...they give u one email ID for free...Total E-mail Ids - the email IDs u've made...Total Input Bytes/Total Output Bytes - the name suggests it...again, since ur account started...

acha tell me this,if my free usage (i.e. data downloaded b/w 12 to 8) has been counted in the adsl mb used and also the remaining mb left are less becoz of that what should i do?

well, i really can't reply to that as i never faced it...also, as much i know that won't happen...the countdown starts only after 8 am... 🙂

Sorry Guys... was out of town...Hey coolbuddy...... wud like to correct u on this.......U SAID - "" "Account Summary" page shows each byte travelled to/from ur computer...here u go...Amount - Amount left for the month...though i'm not very sure about it coz earlier it was around Rs. 251/-...now it's showing Rs. 951.26/-...may be i can download MBs worth this if i burn up my free quota usage...but not really sure... ""The amount figure is not exactly this - Its not the amount left for the month, its the amount in Rs. tht keeps on adding according to our usage. The total amount tht we hae to pay (not month wise, its the total till date).Although, we cannot estimate our current month bill from this. But can get a rough idea for the Internet one - Example:If I got the connection on 1st June and on 30th June the reading on the amount was, say Rs. 251/- and later became Rs. 500 on 31st July, then my July month bill (only Internet) wud be around 500 - 251 = 249. Plus the accessories (modem) rent.Hope it was clear. 🙂

thanks for the clarification dude 🙂 i was never sure about that anyhow 😉but they just slapped me with a bill of 7k, when it should not be more than 600 bucks...go figure :lol:

hey ppl is tht same problem again???????????i changed ma ip and its workin.........post ur comments ppl...........