Hathway in mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter cchhat01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,436
ISP
In2Net
Hello,
Basically I was referred to Hathway service ( here ) because of my issues with In2Cable.
Can someone who has Hathway comment on the few questions I have? Thanks.
1. Does hathway work similar to In2Cable where the connection is obtained via PPPoE or do I need a cable modem?
2. (BIGGEST GRIPE WITH IN2CABLE) What is the IP renewal interval on Hathway connections? (I don't plan on getting static IP).
Why im asking:
Current provider in2cable's cable connection uses PPPoE and the connection does a 6 hour IP refresh (I use a router and it many devices connect). Downloads that are slow and span beyond 6 hours will die unless it is via bittorrent.
Plus this 6 hour IP renewal window causes a lot of issues with VOIP Calling to the USA where the call gets dropped because of the IP change. This happens WAYYY too often. Sometimes the IP will change even within 2 hours and calls to the USA get interrupted.
I'm hoping Hathway's IP renewal interval is longer and doesn't drop my calls so often.
Can someone comment?
Please help,
Thanks,
cchhat01

1. You will need a Cable modem which Hathway will supply for free as long as your subscription is active.
2. I am currently on Docsis 50 mbps plan and they have given me a static IP, so I don't think the IP renewal will be a problem for you.

1. I have my own docsis modem (or a choice of them between motorola sb6141/sb6121 or Cisco dpc 3010). Will they provision it ? I don't need static ip but if that's the case thats even better.
2. I don't need a 50mbps plan for my in-laws. They need a basic 1-2mbps plan (maybe 5mbps) which can allow them to gmail/facebook/youtube/google hangouts, etc.
Your situation doesn't describe the "norm" when it comes to cable connections. Most people don't opt for 50mbps plans in india because of the cost. I'm looking for a middle of the road solution here. In which they might not provide a cable modem and where I would have to use a PPPoE connection (which would be okay as long as I can set up pppoe credentials in my router and connect automatically).
Anyone else care to comment?
Thanks,
cchhat01

Dmanbbf said:
1. You will need a Cable modem which Hathway will supply for free as long as your subscription is active.
2. I am currently on Docsis 50 mbps plan and they have given me a static IP, so I don't think the IP renewal will be a problem for you.
What is the monthly rental for 50Mbps plan from Hathway...?

haha this network is joke it also one of the worst ISP in the India. I had Purchased this service in Pune Prime area near Swargate. Had 3 months Prepaid plan Here u get caught in their fraud system. U have to pay 3 months rent in advance. I was happy for the installation and activation of the service but the main reason I wanted to change my old ISP was To run online server for various services and this is the only ISP with 50 Mbps plan was available .
7st August 2015 connection speed or Download speed 4000 Mbps actual. Then after 15 August connection was dead. for next 12 days no connection and I was loosing business so I had to switch back to previous ISP. I had no other option to keep this white Elephant with me cause I had paid advance rent for 3 months. My daily work was hammered cause this Pathetic ISP. Numerous time of calls and emails didn't fix the problem. Network/Connection use come and go frequently. In whole 90 days of prepaid plan I was able to use Hathway for only 25 Days cumulative and after 2.5 months I sent an email to disconnect the service and told Hathway CC to collect the modem.
Next day their Pune office CC told to return the modem personally to their office. From this I completely understood how pathetic this ISP is. I clearly told CC its not my responsibility or scope send an executive and collect same. The frustration and headache was too much. There is No proper service nor No one to provide you a solution.

Last edited:
Hi, can anyone help me figure out their current plans in Mumbai? The ones on the website look like they haven't been updated in ages.