Prithvi UE100 with Tp Link TL-MR3220 3G/4G router

• Thread starter Thread starter Krishna6233
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 21,218
Status
Not open for further replies.
InternetAddict007 said:
I'm thinking of buying the Iball 3g+ router.. It's priced about 2k on flipkart and is confirmed working with prithvi with an extension cable.
However I'm still reluctant since TP-Link is a better brand.
If someone confirms extension cable works on tp link I'd buy it immediately.
tp link is cheaper also.mr 3220 was not working with 1m cable.
my prithvi works 1m and another 1.5(approx.) usb extension cable.
if the modem is plugged in with the 1.5cable when i starts the computer it doesnt get initialized.with the 1m cable no such problem

^ don't trust the signal indication in mts dashboard..
I get full 6bars with my mts 2766 but yet I get the same speed as prithvi which gets only 3bars in bsnl connection manager, n sometimes 4bars.

I too get 3 bars and occasional 4 bars. It takes time to find out places, positions and exact way to keep d modem.
Even a slight change doesn't give me speed anywhere near that.
I've tried n tried n tried so many experiments. Speeds r never stable.. Some days I never get above 800kbps.. Some days it goes above 2mbps... :/

InternetAddict007 said:
@harsh any updates on speed you're getting?
P. S. Using the Mr 3420
118.1 kB/s - highest speed i've seen so far and that was just a couple of secs ago, signal strength is 93%. Haven't got the ext cable so far

harshb said:
118.1 kB/s - highest speed i've seen so far and that was just a couple of secs ago, signal strength is 93%. Haven't got the ext cable so far
Is that at par or Atleast somewhere close to whatever speed you were getting while directly plugging in with the using the router?
If yes I'm dumping Iball router ideas and going for Mr 3420 🙂

am using 1 m local make extension cable and 3 m branded extension cable , both works fine with the router and laptop
capitel and micromax modems !
@ internetaddict007 check my thread if u are interested in buying TP 3420 , but please be aware thats its only a router not modem cum router!

Status
Not open for further replies.