• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,019

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
CNN-IBN has just been added on Tata Sky.Channel No.: 359It is awsome! Finally they are sensible and they add the channel. I remember when they add BBC World they sent us a message. How come not now?

I guess they feel that no one watches this channel.... lolif it weren't for this forum, i would have never known that it was added backCoz i watch only the 20 channels that are in my favourite list

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Jan 20 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]76181[/snapback]
CNN-IBN has just been added on Tata Sky.
Channel No.: 359

It is awsome! Finally they are sensible and they add the channel. I remember when they add BBC World they sent us a message. How come not now?[/b]

This is great news - the correct channel no. is 539. Thanks for announcing it here coz they didn't send us a message - I guess they just use the messaging feature to spam us about the Showcase movies.

Hey... They did send us a message albeit a few hours late but atleast they did.

Thats good news - one of my friends preferred to watch only cnn-ibn & he was disappoined it was not on Tata Sky when he bought it..at least now he will be happy.

Cool and stuff, but CNN-IBN sucks and so do almost all (if not all) major channels.... sensationalist pieces of sh*t. The news has become a joke in the name of TRPs, and CNN-IBN offers nothing new or different. I never thought this would happen, but I find myself nostalgic about the good ol' days of DD only news... at least back then they reported on what's happening in the world (govt. bias or not) and not who's going to design Aishwarya Rai's wedding gown.

as i said. their tag line is...NEWS AT ANY COST.that gives me the feeling that they would spend money to create news. 😉

Actually I quite like the news these days and I think CNN-IBN is great. Though I don't have a favorite Indian news channel, I liike them all.

My personal favourite be Times-Now and Hedlines Today...I do spend an hour or so everyday on these channels when i'm doing my work...I have been checking every now and then if they have added Neo-Sports, but no luck yet 🙁

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Jan 21 2007, 12:59 AM) [snapback]76246[/snapback]
Actually I quite like the news these days and I think CNN-IBN is great. Though I don't have a favorite Indian news channel, I liike them all.[/b]
yep, that's the point. News solely cater to TRPs (viewership) now. So if more people want to watch the latest d*ckwad fashion event than the state of conflict in Africa, then so be it. That is what the channels will show. Sadly it's the same case with print media. Most newspapers unfortunately cater to a stupid demographic. It's also unfortunate that they don't use better paper, otherwise they could at least be used for toilet paper. The only newspaper I can respect is The Indian Express, which again is not as "likeable" as other newspapers on the face of it, but it gives real news. Most of these lame ass newspapers and channels keep blabbering about how cool they are and what awards they win, and how in the latest survey it shows that they are sooo cool.

If the media was a person, it would be a prostitute. And not a prostitute who is a victim of circumstances. But a dirty, skanky, disease ridden, willing one.

The only thing that I really like about CNN IBN is Karan Thapar's "Devil's Advocate" - he's sharp as a razor and a real ball-breaker, I love the way he makes the smug politicians squirm! 99% of other interviewers are a bunch of ass-kissing pussies! This guy hits them where it hurts.

I used to think so initially when I first saw him... then I saw the Jethmalani interview (and I would like to preface this by saying that I am neither a Jethmalani fanboy, nor a media fanboy). It was the worst interview I have ever seen, with absolutely zilch being said, and made me come to the realization that he is even more sensationalist than his "ass-kissing" peers. He seems to go into interviews solely with the idea of provoking and aggravating the interviewee. Yes, he's definitely quick on his foot, but that does not by itself make a good interviewer. His modus operandi is basically get in the interviewee's face... which is respectable and commendable when he/she is bullshitting, but not all the time. Again.... entertaining, but not "News."