• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,844

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Is there any special scheme in regular CAS (such as via Hathway) for a discounted connection to the 2nd and 3rd TV? (Such as in Tata Sky where the monthly rental for the first TV is Rs. 300 and subsequent TVs Rs. 100 only).I heard some vague rumour that some cable-wallahs were only charging Rs. 55 for the second TV.

I read in an article that second connection for 100Rs only. Search for cas in google!

Well from what I have figured out so far, for additional TVs you still have to pay the Rs. 170 odd basic fees for FTA channels, STb rental, taxes etc. and then you can either go a la carte @ Rs. 5 per channel, or if you have the Rs. 120 Family Mix package on your first TV, then on your subsequent TVs you can get the Rs. 55 "Double Dhamaka II" package which is almost the same thing. So all in all for 3 TVs with all the channels that I would reasonably ever want to watch, for 3 TVs it's working out to be around Rs. 920 rental per month!!! cr*p. :angry:

My cable-wallah though claims that Hathway (which is what I get) is planning on coming up with a cheaper plan for additional TVs like the Rs. 100 Tata Sky plans...... so since I don't care for TV as much, and am curious at least to see Airtel IPTV (which should hopefully launch next month), I don't think it's a good idea to connect my additional TVs now.

why can't they do something like one STB per household???almost everyone has more than one TV in today's date...can't they have it the good old cable way???

that would kind of destroy the whole point of why they introduced CAS. Not to mention it wouldn't be very feasible technologically speaking.

1 set top box can only decrypt one channel at a time.we could have something like a dual core stb... 😉but then you would still need two remotes. u just cannot have a single STB!

yeah...that's what i know...

i was talking about having some technology in which u can run multiple TVs with one STB...like all the signals and everything coming to your STB and it'll plug in your normal antenna point (just like cable) not like usual STB AV in...then u split the line coming out of the STB and put it in your multiple TVs and enjoy them with their own remote...

lagta hai mujhe hi kuch aisa banana padega 😉 😀

right. so they would enable every home to run their own local cable area system?worked with epabx. wont work with cable.

Lets say with normal cable, you split it and hookup to new modern tvs with tuners in them ?Why will thi snot work ?I'm not aware of any crypting going on here with your usual cable feed.In fact the only reason i woudl stick with the usual cable wallah is maybe i can get away doing this.Screw paying for more than one tv..im not re-selling his feed anyway.

well I don't want to pay for petrol... what's your point? There's a very simple principle here that people need to accept. With the new system, you HAVE to have a STB for every TV. You change channels from the STB. So even i you took two outputs from one STB and attached them to two TVs they would both show the same channel.

well, i guess vebmetal u're not following the thread properly...i'd suggest u go back and read the whole thread properly first 🙂