Xolo Q800 X edition

I wanted a mobile under 10k and after searching, bought Xolo q800 X Edition. Already have seen Xolo A500S ,Xolo Q1100 with dad and hence decided to go to xolo again. Its not like there are many great phones under 10k. Wanted to buy Lumia 525 but again felt windows is too restrictive.
---
Check Xolo Q800 X Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal

mhsabir said:
Windows has a worse track record of releasing next version with no support for recent models.
I disagree with "worse" track record 🙂
Except that WP7 handset did not got WP8 upgrade, now all WP8 handsets are capable to get upgraded to WP8.1 and even for WP9. And this is applicable for lowest spec handset like Lumia 520 to highest Lumia 1520.
Is it possible with Android handset that every handset out in market today having 4.0/4.1/4.2 getting upgraded to 4.4?
Every Lumia WP8 handset will get latest upgrade unless carrier blocks it (not applicable to India as we dont have Carrier locked handsets), similarly every Nexus device will get latest upgrade, but what about flagship models by Samsung, LG, HTC who have 4.0~4.2 version. I guess very few of them would be getting 4.4 or later upgrades.

WP 7.5 also I thought did not get WP8. And some WP7 devices did not get WP 7.5

mhsabir said:
WP 7.5 also I thought did not get WP8. And some WP7 devices did not get WP 7.5
WP7.X 🙂 any WP7.X would not be upgraded to WP8. Which WP7 handsets did not upgrade to WP7.5? I guess some LG and Dell handsets based on WP7 did not upgrade, but its because these handset makers stopped supporting their WP7 handsets, so they did not provide upgrade.
All WP8 devices including HTC, Samsung are capable of receiving upgrade as per Microsoft. But if handset makers don't bother to release upgrade to their handsets, then its not MS fault.

Its same like Nexus and non-Nexus Android devices 🙂
Nexus will surely get upgrades, but nobody can say which non-Nexus handset will get latest Android upgrade. Look it in this way 🙂

The difference between Android and WP devices is that even GB powered Android device would offer you more features and capabilities than a WP 8.1 powered device. People often tend to ignore this aspect.

Have not really used a Windows Phone device to actually notice the shortcomings in real life but from what I understand it still has enough issues to be unusable for someone like me. I don't know if it has universal sharing intent. Support for sharing files over bluetooth or NFC. It does not let you access the phone as a pen drive like android does and so on. Maybe someone who has used both platforms might be able to highlight things that were indeed possible even in Android Froyo which is not possible in WP 8.1.

yeah, what can i do? My dad isn't going to allow me to spend 13-14k.. I believe lumia 525(orange) will be available for 9k or less in a mnth ^_^ Lumia 525 is the best available option for a guy like me who has a very tight budget! I don't hate android but i'm not willing to buy any android device under 10k. Thx for all the help guys. Android ki jai, Windows ki jai 😀

chromaniac said:
Have not really used a Windows Phone device to actually notice the shortcomings in real life but from what I understand it still has enough issues to be unusable for someone like me. I don't know if it has universal sharing intent. Support for sharing files over bluetooth or NFC. It does not let you access the phone as a pen drive like android does and so on. Maybe someone who has used both platforms might be able to highlight things that were indeed possible even in Android Froyo which is not possible in WP 8.1.
Wrong! Windows Phone (WP8) can be accessed like Pen Drive by connecting phone to PC using USB cable. After we connect phone to PC, we get to see phone memory and external card memory. We can simply copy/paste file between Phone and PC. And file sharing with Bluetooth and NFC is also possible in WP8 and WP7.8 Lumia phones 🙂

chromaniac said:
i won't be needing NFC or whatever. I've told you before that i use it for casual gaming n Social networking n i won't be doing anything else so i need a device thats lag free n is different from android so i'm switching to windows..none of them in my class own a WP so it'll be good for showing off as well

so the only thing people complain about is lack of apps? i thought it was much more.

Which apps lacking? I guess 95% of apps and games from Android and iOS should now available on WP8.
And most popular apps like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc and games like Temple Run, Subway Surfer, Angry Birds also available on Windows Phone.

May be its image which was earlier created in mind of people regarding lack of apps which could be holding back people from buying Windows Phone. Besides whenever somebody (average user) goes to buy phone, many salesman mostly show Android phone. Same happened with me when I wanted to purchase Omina W. And then people see their friend/relative got Galaxy, so next time when they go to buy phone, they look for Galaxy 😀
But now slowly there are lots of Lumia phones around. Earlier in my company (200 employees), only I had Windows phone. Now there could be around 20 Lumia phones. I see lots of people using Lumia in bus. Main reason why Lumia is selling could be because its Nokia, and many loyal Nokia fans shifted towards Lumia.