Xolo Q800 X edition

I wanted a mobile under 10k and after searching, bought Xolo q800 X Edition. Already have seen Xolo A500S ,Xolo Q1100 with dad and hence decided to go to xolo again. Its not like there are many great phones under 10k. Wanted to buy Lumia 525 but again felt windows is too restrictive.
---
Check Xolo Q800 X Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal

SVK said:
May be its image which was earlier created in mind of people regarding lack of apps which could be holding back people from buying Windows Phone. Besides whenever somebody (average user) goes to buy phone, many salesman mostly show Android phone. Same happened with me when I wanted to purchase Omina W. And then people see their friend/relative got Galaxy, so next time when they go to buy phone, they look for Galaxy 😀

But now slowly there are lots of Lumia phones around. Earlier in my company (200 employees), only I had Windows phone. Now there could be around 20 Lumia phones. I see lots of people using Lumia in bus. Main reason why Lumia is selling could be because its Nokia, and many loyal Nokia fans shifted towards Lumia.
lol in my case the guy showed me lumia 720 2yrs back n i strictly said no as i wanted android. He said you get all the features n its perfect for a teen n he also said you'll hate android in a week n he was 100% correct.. Actually i was impressed by its performance n thought of buying it as it was just 2k more expensive than galaxy ace duos but thx to the over rated so called thousands of apps n games of android in which most of them are crap..i didn't just waste money but bought a phone thats good for nothing except for calls n sms.. You know a phone is crap when it lags while playing angry birds. Still don't get why it lags so much even though i just have abt 25-30apps n i even clear the ram n close all the apps before running any game.. The same amount of ram is on lumia 520/620 etc. as well but still its as smooth as butter n mine doesn't come any close to lumia n its a shame.. But again i won't blame android for that as it was samsung that made this shit. Can someone tell me why?

Froyo on my brother's HTC Wildfire works decently well. And is reasonably sufficient, considering its 3-4 years old model.

anyways i won't be using this device from next week n will give it to my dad to whom it'll be more uselful as he does a lot of phonecalls n texting.N thx to everyone n especially SVK who has helped me to get a better idea of what windows phone actually is. No more replies from my side n its bcoz of me this thread turned into an android vs windows phone thread 😛 Last time i was banned from the forum for posting a technically incorrect answer n this time i made another mistake for which i hope i won't get any kinda ban! For not banning me until now thx to the admin as well n i think he too got some vital info abt WP 😀

People talking bad about android because of lack of knowledge about what android really is. Aneroid gives you more flexibility than any other proprietary OS's. You can never get a custom OS (ROM) in any WP or IOS device. Try a custom ROM before you complain about lack of OS update for android. My 3 year old Galaxy pop runs custom ICS smoothly even today.

From my side, I haven't written anything negative about Android in this thread (or any other thread in this forum 😀). I believe Android is great OS, and if I have to recommend any smartphone, it would be Nexus 🙂
My post was only to clarify negative points mentioned regarding Windows Phone. Even if anybody purchase Lumia reading my post, Nadella wont be paying me for that 😀

Just got to know that Xolo service is not good n i live in a place where its hard to even get a Samsung phone repaired in a week 🙁 i was actually interested in Xolo but then there are so many problems that i might face after buying it! I had earlier replied that i'd not reply again but just had to 😛 My dad is not even going to allow me to spend on an Indian brand and Android will lag n its an OS that is designed to use as much RAM as possible n buying a low budget android phone is like getting myself end up in a situation i'm right now with my ace duos! I even asked some techies n they were all recommending lumia 525 n if i was ready to expand my budget then moto G.. N some ppl here asking us to install custom roms n i did but it was of no use n it lagged just like before! I guess Samsung made a device that just isn't good enough for a guy like me n bcoz of them i'm saying goodbye temporarily to android n permanently to Samsung!
Xolo is good n my frnd who owns it is having a very good experience with it but he asked me not to get it if there isn't any proper service centres nearby 🙁 Again i'm not against android but just don't buy a crappy device like me coz Android is an OS that works amazing only on devices that has good specs which i believe lacks in my phone

Shreyas Kini said:
N some ppl here asking us to install custom roms n i did but it was of no use n it lagged just like before
For good performance gains, you should not only install a custom rom, but also a better kernel. You are not always forced to install a fully featured cyanogenmod rom, there are lightweight Roms on places like xda. Lastly, not much can be done to those crap Samsung stuff because you are limited by the crappy hardware.