Netone

anand_cruise

I am new to this networking thing. I am using BSNL Net One (172222) and it gives on an average about 35Kbps, I live in a remote area so ther is no hope of getting a Broadband anytime soon. Can somebody tell me if there is a way to increase the speed or of any plans offered by BSNL NetOne, faster (atleast 128kbps) even if it is more expensive? Thanks!ANAND

Hello Anand, I think my reply will disappoint you but Dial-up doesn't give more than 56kbps, as dial-up modems are only built for 56kbps max. and there is no software that can help you boost the speed , there are plenty that say that they increase the speed but it's all lie. I don't wanna be rude, just wanna tell you the word is 'internet' or simply 'net' not 'networking'. Networking goes on to have a different meaning.

Hi Anand,For the time being, if money is not a constraint , then you can go for Reliance Data Card or Airtel Data Card. The cards wil come within 4K or something( I am not sure on that), and then you can speed atleast double of wut you are having now. Guess around 115Kbps or something. So in a remote area, like your's thats a decent speed. Above that you can even have unlimited limited tariff plans too.You need to call up the respective card companies to know the tariff plans.Regds,Kirty

Do you have BSNL's FWT/FWP phone in your area? It will give you 100kbps speed. Its called "Garuda" in MTNL Mumbai, something similar must be there in BSNL.If you give me your PIN code, I can check BTS availability in your area.

Get a reliance FWP.... gud speed gives nearabout 90 kbps (wen i had it earlier) n reliance data card (in my dad's lappy) gives 120 kbps...

Get a as what net freak referred called as bsnl tarang what i remember are giving unlimited connection for 150 bucks you will constantly get 80kbps or more(depends on network) and its cheaper than dial up also.