Want to know for ACT Broadband connection DSL ROUTER is need or can use any wifi router?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rohith
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 38,486
ISP
bbnl
Hi friends,
i want to buy new ACT broadband.. i like to buy wifi router from shop . so when i contacted Act customer care person told me tht DSL wifi router is needed?? can u please help me? whether i have to buy DSL WIFI ROUTER or any wifi router...to connect ACT BROADBAND???

Don't buy DSL wifi router. It won't work. Buy a wifi router which is just a router.

Rohith said:
Hi friends,
i want to buy new ACT broadband.. i like to buy wifi router from shop . so when i contacted Act customer care person told me tht DSL wifi router is needed?? can u please help me? whether i have to buy DSL WIFI ROUTER or any wifi router...to connect ACT BROADBAND???
Hi Rohith,

Thank you for your interest in ACT Broadband. Any DSL Router with RJ-45 Connector is compatible with ACT Broadband. We will be glad to assist you further. Please share your contact number with us so that we can call you ASAP. Alternatively, you may also call us on 080 42840099 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in

Regards,
ACT Broadband

ACT Broadband said:
Hi Rohith,

Thank you for your interest in ACT Broadband. Any DSL Router with RJ-45 Connector is compatible with ACT Broadband. We will be glad to assist you further. Please share your contact number with us so that we can call you ASAP. Alternatively, you may also call us on 080 42840099 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in

Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hi ACT,
Will this router work?
Netgear 150 Mbps N 150 Wireless Router (WNR-612)
Specs:
GENERAL
Type: Wireless without Modem
Installation Features: Genie CD-less Installation, Push N Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

Controls: Wi-Fi On / Off Software Button
In The Box: Router (WNR612), Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter, User Manual and CD
Supported Software Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4 or Higher
Brand: Netgear
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux
SUPPORTED PROTOCOLS
Standard: IEEE IEEE 802.11b/g/n
NETWORK FEATURES
Frequency: 2.4 GHz
SPEED
Wireless Speed: 150 Mbps
LAN/WAN: 10/100
CONNECTIVITY
Antennae: External
Number of LAN ports: 2
Number of WAN ports: 1
Number of USB Ports: 0
WAN: RJ-45
LAN: RJ-45
Number of Antennae: 1
SECURITY
Encryption: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP
Other Security Features: Denial-of-service (DoS) Attack Prevention
Firewall: NAT (Network Address Translation), SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)
ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Other Features: Static and Dynamic Routing with TCP / IP, PPPoE, DHCP (Client and Server), Software Wi-Fi Button Conserves Energy, Three Power / Range Settings Reduce Power Upto 75 Percent
SSID Support Multiple SSID Guest Networks
VPN IPsec, L2TP, PPTP
Thanks

newbieuser said:
Hi ACT,
Will this router work?
Netgear 150 Mbps N 150 Wireless Router (WNR-612)
Specs:
GENERAL
Type: Wireless without Modem
Installation Features: Genie CD-less Installation, Push N Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

Controls: Wi-Fi On / Off Software Button
In The Box: Router (WNR612), Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter, User Manual and CD
Supported Software Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4 or Higher
Brand: Netgear
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux
SUPPORTED PROTOCOLS
Standard: IEEE IEEE 802.11b/g/n
NETWORK FEATURES
Frequency: 2.4 GHz
SPEED
Wireless Speed: 150 Mbps
LAN/WAN: 10/100
CONNECTIVITY
Antennae: External
Number of LAN ports: 2
Number of WAN ports: 1
Number of USB Ports: 0
WAN: RJ-45
LAN: RJ-45
Number of Antennae: 1
SECURITY
Encryption: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP
Other Security Features: Denial-of-service (DoS) Attack Prevention
Firewall: NAT (Network Address Translation), SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)
ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Other Features: Static and Dynamic Routing with TCP / IP, PPPoE, DHCP (Client and Server), Software Wi-Fi Button Conserves Energy, Three Power / Range Settings Reduce Power Upto 75 Percent
SSID Support Multiple SSID Guest Networks
VPN IPsec, L2TP, PPTP
Thanks
Hi,
The router that you have mentioned is feasible for an ACT Broadband connection. However, we do not sell this router.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Hi ACT Broadband,
I have appled for the ACT connection in Bangalore. I want to know whether I can use "TP-Link TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router" for this connection. The ACT service person told that I require a DSL wi-fi router. I have the above router, is it sufficient to use?
Thanks...
Rakesh

Hi,
Being a noob here..Can anybody confirm if i can connect my TP-Link MR 3220 to ACT fibernet.

Not sure about it as i tried to configure and ended up unsuccessful.

Hi,
Being a noob here..Can anybody confirm if i can connect my TP-Link MR 3220 to ACT fibernet.

Not sure about it as i tried to configure and ended up unsuccessful.

It should work without any issue. Connect the incoming cable to the blue WAN port. In the setup, select PPPoE and enter your ACT username(email) and password.

Hi ACT Broadband,
I have appled for the ACT connection in Bangalore. I want to know whether I can use "TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router" for this connection. The ACT service person told that I require a DSL wi-fi router. I have the above router, is it sufficient to use?
Thanks...
Rakesh

This router works perfectly. Follow the same steps as in above response.

It should work without any issue. Connect the incoming cable to the blue WAN port. In the setup, select PPPoE and enter your ACT username(email) and password.

This router works perfectly. Follow the same steps as in above response.
I entered my User ID and password and after that the router takes few mins to connect and then the stats shows connected but it actually is not connected and i am unable to use my internet