• Thread starter Thread starter kalpik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,061

kalpik

Regulars
ISP
Airtel Turbo 1299
Hi ppl!Im relatively new on sify broadband. Im on a 48kbps unlimited package. I get decent speeds of 10-15kbps (Download). The only problem is that i do not want to log on every time i start my computer. Isnt there a way i can stay online all the time without having to bother about logging in and logging out?There are 2 benifits if this happens:1). Static IP2). No client running in background so resources are saved.Please help me out!Thanks...Kalpik

USe supersify and put the shortcut in windows startup .....

Thsi si commandline and uses just 80 kb of ram ... more info here

http://forum.seo4india.com/sify/supersify/

Already tried that but sometimes it just doesnt log u on. And anyway u have to log off when u shut down! Cuz otherwise supersify cannot log u on. I want to escape this logon and logoff crap. Just 24 hrs non-stop internet!Hi! Found the solution!1) Get heartbeat disabled by contacting the customer care.2) Use supersify with heartbeat disabled.My system was logged in throughout the day 2day! Lets see how long this works!

There are 2 benifits if this happens:

1). Static IP[/b]

Sify might let you stay on with the heartbeat disabled for 12 hours, 24 hours...but sooner or later it will kick you out 😛 because it assigns us IP addresses from a dial-up pool of IP addresses which are supposed to be dynamic (hence the hostname dialpool.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.sify.net our IPs resolve to). So Supersify will take care to let you be online all the time by automatically re-logging you in when required but forget about getting a 24x7x365 Static IP on Sify's residential packs 😉.

I guess you are right! That is why i said lets see how long this works! By the way check out no-ip.com for dynamic dns services if u r interested. Using their services, u no longer need to have a static ip to host a server!Hi Inetbum!Dude im still logged on!

as far i know you cannot host a server on Sify's IP (unless static) coz of their network (NAT) structure...

Ya you can, i have got my own HTTP, FTP, Tomcat, MySql server running.I hope ur CTO is not blocking ur ports and has not employed a Firewall.