Starsports HD blocked on hathway mumbai ?

• Thread starter Thread starter riskfree
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 9,325
Complain to your nodal as well as raise a complaint on pgportal if you are on long term pack.

I stay in Wadala, Mumbai. I have been asked to pay Rs. 180 per month for Star Sports HD1 and HD2. Apart from that Rs. 2200/year for rest of the HD channels (except the two HBO HD Channels). My cable operator also takes Rs. 220 per month for SD channels. Hathway has now become an extremely expensive proposition.... A net payment of Rs. 580 per month
With the T20 WC on, I dont have time to fight with them. Have to re-assess my provider post this.

Yes. Hathway is taking it's customers for granted.
http://www.televisionpost.com/cable/hathway-cable-and-star-sports-battle-it-out-over-das-deals/

Hathway Cable & Datacom MD and CEO Jagdish Kumar stated, “We have decided to put Star Sports channels on RIO as it will help us in managing our content costs. As it is, sport is a seasonal property and is largely event driven.” Kumar said that only 10 per cent of its subscribers have subscribed to one or the other Star Sports channels ever since the MSO started offering the channels on a la carte since February. “Since we have put Star Sports channels on a la carte, only 10 per cent of our subscribers have subscribed to these channels. If only 10 per cent consumers want these channels, then why should we pay for the entire universe?” Kumar said.

“Since we have put Star Sports channels on a la carte, only 10 per cent of our subscribers have subscribed to these channels. If only 10 per cent consumers want these channels, then why should we pay for the entire universe?” Kumar said.

Just saw an ad/info on Star sports, they said we have not increase charges for any of our channels.