IS D-Vois ion Broadband good?

• Thread starter Thread starter poiasd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 8,414
ISP
Jio Fiber
In the newspaper today, there was a leaflet for D-Vois broadband, offering insane speeds at dirt cheap prices, such as 15mbps (30GB) for Rs.1000.
I wanted to know if it's actually legit. Can someone post screenshot of torrent downloading speeds? I don't care if they 'cache' the torrents or not, as long as the speed they promised is received.
Currently I'm on MTNL 1mbps 999bucks plan, and happy with service, but eager for higher speeds.
Any review will be helpful
Thanks

Why don't you switch to the 8mbps mtnl plans, given that monk works well for you?

Well, because MTNL 8mbps plans are insanely priced! Well, not insanely, but when compared to Dvois... nuff said.
I'd like to stay within the 1000/- a month limit, and I've heard that Dvois torrent caching can take torrent speeds up to 10mbps, so.....
P.S. I live in Navi Mumbai, in case it makes any difference

Just a tip, the 28GB 8mbit plan costs around 1000 with 1mbit post fup. Obviously, you're getting a better deal with dvois, but, just in case.

Manoj Mathew said:
I'm curious, why have you not shifted to the unlimited 550 plan?
Well, I subscribed to this plan about 3 years ago, so I guess selfish MTNL probably decided to keep charging me the same amount of money even though rates have dropped...
Could you send me the link to the plan, as I couldn't find it on the website?
x720 said:
Just a tip, the 28GB 8mbit plan costs around 1000 with 1mbit post fup.Obviously, you're getting a better deal with dvois, but, just in case.
x720, thats actually quite helpful, thought on the website (http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/8mbps-plan) they say they'll charge 4000/- for installation..... would I need to pay the amount? Because I already have MTNL...
Also they are taking extra 100 bucks a month for the modem, while I don't have to pay any extra charges for the plan I'm on...

No. 4000 is for line bonding. You won't need that. Go to the exchange and apply for an 8mbit plan, like you would for any other plan. Modem charges, I dunno. And post your line Stats. If they're decent, you should easily be able to achieve 7.5-8mbps.

go for dvois they are cable internet and are lightyear faster than adsl(mtnl) so move on
i am on 4 mbps unlimited plan for 30 days @ rs 1200/- only
torrent download at 11mbps that is 110mbps
for more info go to my topic
my speed test:-