• Thread starter Thread starter cooler2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 7,725

cooler2005

Regular
ISP
MTNL
hi guysi know this has been posted before and i read all those threads and tried everything u guys told there to do , but it made no difference to meIt's been a month now since i took mtnl broadband connection , immidiately after which my landline phones started giving me problems....when the router is on i hear the disturbance in all the phones in my house , which the person on the other end cannot hear...he can hear me clearly....i have 1 phone in each room which makes it 4 phones in my house . For the router i use the direct line which is then connected to the splitter (which i guess is a local company make as it has nothing written on it..) and then my landline and the router.i've been calling mtnl poeple up everyday mostly , thrashed them everytime i call..but they seem to do nothing at all....even thrashed the SHO or whatever he is (the head guy at my exchange).....they bloody send the line man to check it everytime....and the f*****g line man does'nt even know what a router is..!!!!everytime he's here , he does something from the telephone box below my building and at that time the disturbance does'nt come , but after 2-3 hours...it starts again....!!!in my opinion it's the router's fault coz when i switch off the router the telephone is loud and clear...has anyone else had this same problem...??? plz reply as if this problem continues for like another month or so...i'll have to throw MTNL off!!!....(that offcourse i don't want to do)...... Cooler2005

If you doubt router then get it changed from mtnl!

Ok this disturbance is related to The splitter prolem..is the splitter device installed at correct place ?

QUOTE(cooler2005 @ Jan 16 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]75397[/snapback]
what is a "correct place"...???[/b]

Nice service of MTNL, beware of Private Operators Touts.

QUOTE(pondpaka @ Jan 16 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]75398[/snapback]
Nice service of MTNL, beware of Private Operators Touts.[/b]
huh....???

anyways

guys...problem solved....splitter problem....a decent padha likha guy came today checked evrything...changed my router first....but disturbance was still there.....then changed my splitter..and voila..!!! disturbance gone..!!

see...you get tough with mtnl poeple and you get good results...that's what i've learned...!!!

thank you all who replied....

u need to connect the splitter directly into the telephone line commin into the house....from there connect the splitter to the router...and the other telephones u have.....something like this

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5391/routerbu8.jpg

The diagram shown in the previous post is the perfect example, but is not always possible to implement. Coz I just shifted to my new flat & when the Bldg was under construction had requested the electrician to do a a parallel wiring right from my Bldg's telephone junction box to the phone socket next to my PC, which was obviously not done. But hv to manage with tht. There is another solution - Parallel Splitter Model. Please refer to the diagram below :-

Our ultimate aim is to Split the voice frequency from the DSL frequency. I guess this is an acceptable solution. Any better suggestions or comments ?

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 16 2007, 10:42 PM) [snapback]75504[/snapback]
dude use tinypic.com[/b]

thnx 4 da link...but i dont know why, whenever i'm inserting da IMG tag, its showing a default TRIPOD banner rather than my image....so i gave da hyperlink

that link shows the tripod image too. reason being tripod does not support hotlinking.so use a free image hosting service which supports hotlinking...that's why i suggested tinypic.com

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 16 2007, 10:56 PM) [snapback]75514[/snapback]
that link shows the tripod image too.

reason being tripod does not support hotlinking.

so use a free image hosting service which supports hotlinking...

that's why i suggested tinypic.com[/b]

thnx...done now...chk out