• Thread starter Thread starter bsnluser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,343

bsnluser

Regular
ISP
UL900
This is off topic, but I suppose is news for Windows users (disclaimer: just came about it, so not sure about its validity or accuracy):
http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/5/5263/1.html

quote from the article:
"... According to Fernandez of Cryptonym, the result of having the secret key inside your Windows operating system "is that it is tremendously easier for the NSA to load unauthorized security services on all copies of Microsoft Windows, and once these security services are loaded, they can effectively compromise your entire operating system". The NSA key is contained inside all versions of Windows from Windows 95 OSR2 onwards. ..."

And some more info is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSAKEY

Stop the FUD already!Speculation & mindless fear.....

Long time no see...welcome back Prathap...as far as the topic goes...everybody uses windows..... but everybody is in doubt ...what they are using.

to tell you the truth. this might not be FUD. M$ has recently admitted that NSA gave them some specs to build certain "security" features in Vista 😉 I get a warm and fuzzy feeling of security when my system says "Loading the Linux kernel.....OK" 🙂

Can you get a link/source to back your claim above?

oh yeah. ms and nsa have confirmed that they have worked together on vista.but that is to make sure vista is compatible with the requirements of the security departments in the US government. like implementing security features which would make Vista a ready to use operating system for these departments. that's what they said anyways.

sushubh do you seriously think they will tell us that they have embeded certain "Security Features" in the system so that they can spy on the users? 😉

if you are connected to the net you have worse things to worry about then the NSA.

But even our security agencies uses windows XP on there computers.So its a worrying sign for them.Doubt if any firewall can stop CIA from penetating OS if its already been developed with help of NSA.

at least if u have original and u find something unscrupulous is going on, u can sue them 😛if not original, it'll be other way round :lol: