SITI BROADBAND

Is it just me or does anyone else also think that the packages of Siti broadband are a bit overpriced?

Guys I need to know the actual download speed of Siti Broadband. How much can i get in 256kbps plan and 512kbps plan of SITI.. I'm asking this because I've seen videos of SITI customers posting on YouTube that they get over 2MBps in 256kbps plan. Please tell me, I'm planning to get the connection tomorrow. I need to be sure before ordering it.

I have two Siti connections at home, one at 256 Kbps and another at 1 Mbps
The download speed is stable throughout the day and has peering enabled through which you can download torrents at speeds upto 10 mbps (the highest I got so far is 10.5mbps)
The peering speed is independent of your package, so you will get the same peering speed irrespective of what package you opt for
Having said all this, it all depends on your LCO, I have heard guys complaining about no peering on Siti on days where I was able to download at above 10mbps
Hope this answers your question

probuddha said:
Is it just me or does anyone else also think that the packages of Siti broadband are a bit overpriced?
---Ahmm........ its not d same mind every where folk..
check out d plan and check for yourself.....
if you are still not convinced go ahead and compare it with its rivals like Tikona, Alliance, and Meghbela..... 😛eaceful:
ConfusedGuy said:
Guys I need to know the actual download speed of Siti Broadband. How much can i get in 256kbps plan and 512kbps plan of SITI.. I'm asking this because I've seen videos of SITI customers posting on YouTube that they get over 2MBps in 256kbps plan. Please tell me, I'm planning to get the connection tomorrow. I need to be sure before ordering it.
to be frank the cable broadband you use depends on your local users too. its not the same speed in IDM all d time. I get 60-80Kbps in my 256 bandwidth which is preety good.
To your doubt what you see users geting 2+Mbps speed, its nothing but all fake..... the maximum speed which SITI provides is 12MBps(only in torrent)
@probudda
probuddha said:
I have two Siti connections at home, one at 256 Kbps and another at 1 Mbps
The download speed is stable throughout the day and has peering enabled through which you can download torrents at speeds upto 10 mbps (the highest I got so far is 10.5mbps)
The peering speed is independent of your package, so you will get the same peering speed irrespective of what package you opt for
Having said all this, it all depends on your LCO, I have heard guys complaining about no peering on Siti on days where I was able to download at above 10mbps
Hope this answers your question
Absolutely said, peering is still a issue in SITI but you can manually peer it from http://torrage.com....

Thanks guys for replying. I'm currently using crappy BSNL connection which gives me a maximum of 45kBps(512 kbps plan) while downloading torrents and I feel like smashing my modem into bits. It costs me over Rs.1000 every month. 😛issed-off: I mean to download torrents only, so will I get around 5 mBps down speed in SITI for uTorrent?
Btw I called up my cable operator and he told me it would cost Rs.2500 for installation of the connection but I'm prepared to pay any amount to get that kind of a speed. 😛ig:
Shall I get 5-6 MBps download speed in 256 kbps unlimited plan of SITI?

Look, Siti supports peering which means that if there are users (peers) in your local network, you may get speeds upto 11-12 mbps on torrent downloads. I sometimes get 2-3 mbps and sometimes (like an hour ago) I got 11.5 mbps, and sometimes I get 100 kbps (for torrents with no local peers available)So it all depends on the number of local peers for a specific torrent. And yes, even with a 256 kbps plan, you may get peering at full throttle (10-12 mbps)

Hi everyone. I am using Alliance Broadband. Its giving peering speed (high speed) in torrent but not in IDM unlike SITI BROADBAND though Alliance says they have peering network. Can anybody elaborate why?? Is there any way to enable it?

I am using SITI broadband in kolkata , kalikapur area. I have 388kbps plan. Normal downloading speed is 70 to 80 kbps, peering speed 11mbps max and 3-2 mbps min in kickass or link-removed. Satisfied with the speed.

Hi everyone. I am from kolkata haltu area. Currently I am using alliance broadband ,starter plus plan 512kbps which is of unlimited download. I get 380-400 ( max 420kbps). In our area I can switch to Siti broadband. will it be a better option in terms of download speed in torrent?

Hi Confusedguy you saw my upload on youtube...and that's not 2mbps I get upto 100 mbps...And For your kind information who told you that I'm using a 256 kbps plan!!! Man I have the fastest plan so I used to get that speed...And that's not fake...

---Ahmm........ its not d same mind every where folk..
check out d plan and check for yourself.....
if you are still not convinced go ahead and compare it with its rivals like Tikona, Alliance, and Meghbela..... 😛eaceful:
to be frank the cable broadband you use depends on your local users too. its not the same speed in IDM all d time. I get 60-80Kbps in my 256 bandwidth which is preety good.
To your doubt what you see users geting 2+Mbps speed, its nothing but all fake..... the maximum speed which SITI provides is 12MBps(only in torrent)
@probudda
Absolutely said, peering is still a issue in SITI but you can manually peer it from Torrage - Torrent Storage Cache....

Last edited by a moderator: