Delhi Metro Updates

Well. It might not be as bad as Mumbai trains but trust me. It's pretty close to that. I would rather call cab than travel in Metro during rush hours around Delhi NCR. It is pretty bad.

Lol ok. I am not even planning for a joyride on Mumbai Monorail due to the crowd that has been reported by friends/colleagues.

x720 is here and I am sure he has traveled in trains in both Delhi and Mumbai. His views should be interesting.

Even without travelling in Delhi trains, I am sure Mumbai trains would be more crowded. Metro is still not launched here but looking at the situation in Mono Rail, I am sure Metro too would face the same situation like usual local trains.

This time a have purchased shoes with lace because twice my shoes got open and luckily managed to search and grab it while catching train in morning. The best form of " Haiwaniyat" can be seen at Borivali, Bhayander, Vasai and Virar stations in morning. Even if someone falls while alighting, commuters prefer to crush and walk over him to get seats. Every week I get scratches here and there. So, next time don't mistook someone for love bite in Mumbai as it could be a train bite 😛

Ah, Chennai trains are much better, but then here the most common mode of transport are buses & yeah, the following is not uncommon. hoping the upcoming Metro(s) will help things become a bit saner

IndianMascot said:
This time a have purchased shoes with lace because twice my shoes got open and luckily managed to search and grab it while catching train in morning. The best form of " Haiwaniyat" can be seen at Borivali, Bhayander, Vasai and Virar stations in morning. Even if someone falls while alighting, commuters prefer to crush and walk over him to get seats. Every week I get scratches here and there. So, next time don't mistook someone for love bite in Mumbai as it could be a train bite 😛
This! The situation is worst in Western and Harbour Line. Its slightly better in Central line though.

Yeah and fast train actually run fast in central unlike fast trains of Western line

Well I have travelled to Mumbai Suburban local trains (from Virar to Dadar - Western 8 years, Dadar to Sion - Central 6 years, Dadar to Kharghar - Harbour 2 years), Delhi Metro Rajiv Chowk to NOIDA Sector 15 (about 1.5 years), worst experience was from Mumbai - Western. Next is Harbour line. Delhi metro is far more less crowded than anything available in Mumbai. On last visit to India got chance to check Monorail but couldn't go on board (but there were too many people).

Delhi Metro has increased the minimum value for top up of smart cards from Rs. 100 to Rs. 200. The initial add value on purchase of new smart cards has also been increased from Rs. 50 to Rs. 100. So you will have to shell out Rs. 150 for a new smart card, of which Rs. 50 will be kept aside as security which is refundable.
But officials said that in case of web top-up, the minimum add-value amount will continue to be Rs. 100 and commuters will be able to top up the card in multiples of `50.
Pay at least Rs 200 for Delhi Metro card top-up - Hindustan Times

I just wish they increased the validity to for life! I always end up with an expired card.

If you already have a card, you recharge it with minimum Rs. 200 now.
If you do not have a card, you get one for Rs. 150 with Rs. 100 charge. Rs. 50 is refundable.
If you recharge your existing card online, you can do it for Rs. 100 (+50*x).