Strange Thing I Noticed While Downloading Torrents

• Thread starter Thread starter boyof82
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 8,009
Lol, you can't create lan on airtel networks.... i just mentioned hamachi to share files.... so the process becomes easier...Making torrents and seeding them for a friend can be a tedious task, if you don't know what you are doing

i just mentioned hamachi to share files.... so the process becomes easier...[/b]
sharing files thru hamchi easy ....hahaha lmao.................yaar its much much much more easier to drag-drop a file in the msgr window than share files thru hamchi. And for large files its better to hv a ftp server in place(which supports resume) or simply to u/l the file on a resumable server.

Making torrents and seeding them for a friend can be a tedious task, if you don't know what you are doing[/b]

even if u know wot u're doin, even then it wud be foolish to do so since if u make a torrent u'll be the only seeder and hence the speed ur friend will get wud suck big time.

No not relle, the speed that he will get will depend on your maximum upload speed or his download speed, which ever is lower 😉I know about FTP, but here we were discussing about LAN, so i mentioned hamachi...I remeber i had set up a ftp for a few months a while back.... It was a pain in the ass 🙁 again the power cuts were to be blamed

Best for what ? i use private torrent sites my self. i absolutely love them to death :wub:

hehe........................ sharing small files ...go for good old messenger or(even for large files) upload them on some good server. thats simple and best!!!btw i tried out skype for file transfers too, speeds r very good(max possible bandwidth used i.e better than yahoo msgr) but i prefer msgr since its always running.

Never tried out skype. For small files i too use msn messenger as all my contacts are on it.

The best option according to me is to form a club of 4-5 people who all have broadband and split the weekly/monthly releases. Members can than meet up weekly/monthly for distro. That way everyone gets everything no matter what speeds you download at. PS>I hope you know what I mean by releases!

That's a good idea. I'm allready doing that, with three of my friends 🙂So we all together manage to get everything that we could possibly want

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Jan 21 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]76327[/snapback]
well that'll be a lil too muh i guess, i'm happy solo 🙂[/b]

Lol! If you were happy solo why would you crib about your speed and want more?

coz i was satisfied with wot i was getting and cud hv been happier with a lil more speed, but now i'm getting less than that :angry: :angry: ...........and the way u suggested "That" wud be too much.......got it now ??