Router/wifi Card

• Thread starter Thread starter knowtheneo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,706

knowtheneo

hi guys!for the past 1 month i have been struggling to find the easiest and cheapest way to share the bsnl broadband onto my lenovo thinkpad t60 from my pc. my laptop already has wifi enabled in it. but i do not intend to get a wifi router as its quite expensive. Are there any other cheap ways of sharing internet via wifi. i came across wireless ethernet cards and wireless usb adapters for my pc. Can i use them for this? some said its only for receiving and not for transmitting to my laptop.another said its only for establishing a kinda lan connection between the two. In that case can i share the internet through proxy cia networkOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR!>>forget the whole idea of wireless. even with the wires, is it enough for me to get a 1 i/p:2 o/p rj45 connecter. >>or do i need to get a router for this. i got to accept i got no idea abt the router thing. >>Or is it preferable to change my Huawei smartAX MT 800 to other types like wifi enabled i would really appreciate if someone cud help my sorrow state!!!

Get a wifi card for your PC. Configure WiFi card on PC and Laptop on "Ad hoc" mode. WiFi router is not required in this case. Connect router to PC and share it over WiFi card.

QUOTE(knowtheneo @ Jan 14 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]75109[/snapback]
hi guys!
for the past 1 month i have been struggling to find the easiest and cheapest way to share the bsnl broadband onto my lenovo thinkpad t60 from my pc.

my laptop already has wifi enabled in it. but i do not intend to get a wifi router as its quite expensive. Are there any other cheap ways of sharing internet via wifi. i came across wireless ethernet cards and wireless usb adapters for my pc. Can i use them for this? some said its only for receiving and not for transmitting to my laptop.
another said its only for establishing a kinda lan connection between the two. In that case can i share the internet through proxy cia network

OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR!
>>forget the whole idea of wireless. even with the wires, is it enough for me to get a 1 i/p:2 o/p rj45 connecter.
>>or do i need to get a router for this. i got to accept i got no idea abt the router thing.
>>Or is it preferable to change my Huawei smartAX MT 800 to other types like wifi enabled

i would really appreciate if someone cud help my sorrow state!!![/b]

dear
i am from bsnl in kerala.
it is better to use a router, wired/wireless is available for around rs.2500 by Cisco with 30 ports
u can make ur home completly wire free
if u wnt further clarfn mail me

QUOTE(Sahil (Spawn Freak) @ Jan 15 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]75323[/snapback]
Better get Netgear WLAN router, has got 4 RJ45 ports

It might cost u nearing 2200 bucks[/b]

if u r refering to netgear DG834G wireless router... it costs about 3.8k

DG834G is not only a router but also has an ADSL modem in it so its more costly than WGR614 which a plain router. WGR614 shld be around 2000 INR.

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Jan 16 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]75420[/snapback]
DG834G is not only a router but also has an ADSL modem in it so its more costly than WGR614 which a plain router. WGR614 shld be around 2000 INR.[/b]

Sorry, i didn't know the actual price, 1 month earlier i was about to purchase that WGR... model, but smhw i got type-iv modem, so i didn't know the actual price coz all Netgear router luk almost same...