Feedback - Updates (Archived)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8,085
  • Views Views 760,256

How is the forum performing for you wrt speed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought thats the default theme? but no problems, other theme is working fine

made some changes to the server. do tell if something is broken. page load slows down randomly for me. hopefully a temporary issue.

new features can be checked here...

though not all of them are enabled on the forum for now. improved support for emoji is one. customized toolbar (admin) is another. i am finally able to bring the quote button to the main toolbar. you can also create tables now for instance.

one of the new feature can be seen on the link above which has a more descriptive rendering. i am not sure if i would keep this enabled. but for now, it is on.

i am personally not a fan of browser notifications. i would need to make changes to server to get that feature working here. if that feature is useful to anyone here, do mention here.

there is also markdown support. could not get it working for images. but for formatting it does work. sadly, xenforo converts it to bbcode so you lose markdown code on saving.

and yeah... one useful feature is bookmarking. you can do that from the icon at top right of any post content.

Last edited:
First impression is good.. mostly whatever I use seems to be working fine.

so just turned on push notification. i keep this feature disabled in all browsers. had to turn it on just to see if it works and how it works lol.

OMG!

has the forum performance improved in recent days? is it working fast enough for you guys? on desktop and on mobile. do tell.

Not seen any speed issue. Cant tell if performance improved or not. But fast enough for my liking.

yeah it does seem to be bit zippy in the past few days. this is on desktop (google chrome) i dont visit from mobile.

@Sushubh sometimes when I click "new posts" there are some threads not listed which have new posts in them, but they are shown in the "alerts" drop down only.

This is not a new issue, have noticed it for a LONG time so probably well before any forum software migrations you have done. Xenforo issue?

I use new post button regularly but haven't noticed missing threads that are updated 😕

I guess you have checked out that no filters are applied on that section?

Status
Not open for further replies.